Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inspiration
what is something that inspires you?

i'd like to glean from others on her/his source of inspiration (pardon me for the cheesy ref to chicago)

Music really inspires me. Songs that uplift you and make feel good about who you are and where you going to be specific.

music inspires me too. Especially Virgil Fox's performances (i.e his "Heavy Organ" series)

Locations, both natural landscapes and forests or just public reserves. Cityscapes and the such.
It's much better when you're away from your home for me. Last year, China was the most inspiring place ever. Everything was so unusual and interesting. I'm the kind of traveller who tries to look in every nook and cranny, just because it's unfamiliar, not because there's actually something fascinating waiting in every crack in the street.

Another thing is weather. Weather dictates my mood completely. I hate humid days and blistering hot days because it feels oppressive and blinding.
On the other hand windy days are my favourite.

I like quotes from famous people or just simply randomly looking for quotes on specific topics.

Small victories. You cant win the war if you dont win the battles.

My two boys always inspire me to be a better person.

Friends, people I love, nature, music. All can be inspiring and, motivate me to be my best.

It's kinda horrible but watching older people who have f'd up their lives inspires me not to be them... it works really well for me atleast

Ouch. The negative reinforcement approach.