Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interesting idea, dry information tho
giving and charity in North America, how we measure the good and ability to solve a social problem
or
just invent a new corporate monster.

http://www.towleroad.com/2013/03/dan-pallotta.html

Does everybody remember all those commercials with Sally Struthers and with that bald man, for the Christian Childrens Fund?

Back when this was so popular, some underground groups decided to find out exactly how much of this money went to the starving kids that they kept shoving in our faces all that time.

If I remember right, about 75% of the money you dontate to them goes for "administrative" purposes.
About 20% goes to "other functions", which I assume are advertising, paying actors to plead for them, and stuff like that.
And about 5% or LESS actually goes to the people its intended for.

AND...on top of that, heres how they deliver the "food".........
An airplane flys low over the ground, near a populated area and dumps large sacks of oats and wheat out the door...to be broken open by the impact and spread all over the dirty ground.

Charities are scams and money making mafia style organizations that DONT have to pay taxes on the money they scam from suckers out there.

If you want to dontate to charity, do it yourself, in person. Get a receipt. DONT dontate to some greedy, corportate scammers.

I have a friend in Washington state, and she dontates LOTS of personal time and goods.
She's been to Nepal, Italy, India, and just got back from dontaing teaching time in Tibet.

You dont have to go to the lengths she's gone too, but if you want to dontate, do it in person, or to the actual people or place its supposed to benefit. Dont trust these "organizations"....more often than not, the people or places the money is supposed to go too, never makes it there.