Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inthecloset but slowing coming out
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my update with everyone. I am in the closet and I have been taking steps in my life to prepare myself for coming out to my parents. I started out by contacting some old friends from high school who I know are gay. After earning each others trust I told them about my self. I love having them there for me and who can relate to me. Well about a week ago I made the decision that I was going to tell my oldest sister about me. I made plans to go visit her, since she is two hours away. I wasn't sure exactly how or when I was going to do it but I made up my mind that it was going to get done. Well we were sitting down having a deep conversation about her breaking up with her boyfriend and she asked me if I could keep a secret. She went on to tell me some things about loaning money and stuff but anyway. I felt her trusting me with that secret was my queue to say something.

I started breathing hard. I had never felt so nervous in my life. She asked me what was wrong. I asked her if she could keep a very personal secret and if she was sure she could trust herself with this secret. She agreed and was very anxious to know what it was. I kept trying to just say it but the words wouldn't come out. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I was literally stuttering. Meanwhile she is jumping to conclusions asking if i was in trouble with the law or something. haha I said no of course not. ....The thing is.....I'm.....I'm gay! At that moment everything went numb. She asked me several times if i was joking. Because I do joke around a lot. But I assured her that I was serious, but for some reason couldn't stop laughing. I laugh when I want to cry. She kind of sat there with a blank stare and told me she was fine with that. She said she was flattered that I told her first. And she still loves me. After a couple minutes she started asking a few questions. The main thing she was unsure about was if I was certain, how did I know she asked. I told her I was inexperienced straight or gay. But I have no sexual interest in girls, just guys. I explained that the same feelings she gets for guys is the same for me. After that she just went back to normal. We went eat supper with some of my friends afterward and she was very cool about it.

Anyway I'm sorry for the long details and believe me I left out a lot. I just wanted to share that with whom wants to read it. After i get my financials back in order I will tell my parents also. One step at a time. At least now I have a family member that I can talk to about it and share my thoughts. It is such a relief to have someone who supports me. I will post more as more comes along.

Smile

Justoooooooo~

That's really awesome. Congrats and I'm really glad for you! Your sister knows what's up. Good luck on the rest of the coming-out process too, and remember there's no need to rush. Smile

You are a very courageous man ITC. I still haven't told my parents. Heck, I only just came out to a coworker. It was the hardest thing I've done in my life!

Thank you for posting your experience. Letting me read it has made me a little bit bolder. There's not a thank you button big enough on the site.

Good start!

Miles Wrote:Justoooooooo~

That's really awesome. Congrats and I'm really glad for you! Your sister knows what's up. Good luck on the rest of the coming-out process too, and remember there's no need to rush. Smile

Hey Austini,

Yes I made a huge leap, finally. Glad I did tho. It was a huge confidence builder for me. I am not rushing but I have been waiting for almost 23 years now so it's past due. Hope to see you in the chat room soon...

Beau Wrote:You are a very courageous man ITC. I still haven't told my parents. Heck, I only just came out to a coworker. It was the hardest thing I've done in my life!

Thank you for posting your experience. Letting me read it has made me a little bit bolder. There's not a thank you button big enough on the site.

Hiya Beau,

I am glad to see that my story has helped you. This site has helped me a lot too. Never thought I could do it but the closer I get to fully coming out the easier it gets. Just have to bite the bullet. I wish you the best of luck in your process as well. Just do it when it feels right. And don't let pride get in the way of what is best for you.

A wise man once said... "Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss.

Congrats for you.
Its all one big journey and one that you will always remember no matter the outcomes.
Just take it easy and do everything once you feel its the right time, never rush these sorts of things.
This is also a time of self discovery or more so becoming more aware of your self being so take the time to also reflect on yourself.

That's fantastic and what a great feeling it is

Congrats ItC.

Feels great to finally be able to tell someone close to you, doesn't it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ObW
x

waaay cool itc!! Smile