Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is he gay?
hello guys, I hardly ever get into this chat but now I need your help!

Thing is I met this guy and I fancy him. we're gonna in a work and travel experience during 4 months by the end of the year and we met at the meetings. He's not fem or anything but I sensed he's gay. Like he's fashionable, he goes to the gym on a daily basis and other silly things.
I added him on facebook and saw his information and I got absolutely sure he's gay, he likes things like paramore, glee, my life as liz, avril lavigne (he went to her concert last week in my country), JACOB BLACK... I mean, can he be gayer? lol
So the 6 guys who got hired from my city (he, his 3 friends, my friend and I) got together a couple of times and he made like a thousand straight comments like how hot were the girls at the meeting, or that he hopes there'll be more women there and a bunch of things like that.
Everything tells me he's gay, the way he dresses, his music, his tv programmes, his friends (lots of women), his career (he's studying English translation, which is actually a career where 90% of the students are women and most of the guys are gay)... everything tells it, everything but him...

i know it's hard if you don't know the person but, would you believe him? have any of you ever met a guy who likes so many gay things but is in fact straight?
I don't wanna make a move til im sure, not only cause I don't dare, but also cause i still haven't told them I'm gay and it'd be pretty uncomfortable to be 4 months with him when he knows i liked him. lol

Well, definatley ask him. If thats possible. I have trouble asking guys if they are gay. As a rule I dont but thers always that temptation to ask. Personally, I would just talk to him more. Get to know him more and you should be able to find somting out from there.

Hey,
I think that he may not be, unless he tells you if he is or not i dont think that you can judge just by his facebook dressing or whatsoever,
You might have a really stereotypical image of a gay guy and he may fit in this discribtion but he may be straight.
Some exampls, im gay for sure, i hate avril lavigne, i dont watch glee and i dont even know who is jacob black...
My best friend who is straight (he couldnt be more) make always comments about girl my group of friends is him and 3 other girls and he is studying english language....
So lets say that the evidence are not always correct!
Best advise get to know him and you can ask him or just test the waters and watch his reaction about homosexuality!

Never judge a book by its cover. I know two very feminine guys (one plays flute and has a high pitched voice and is very sensitive, the other loves Rihanna, Beyonce, Glee, fashion shows, all styles of dance) who are straight as can be. Your best bet is to ask him. Its easy to wish that he is gay, but that won't make him gay. If he tells you no, there's a chance he's still gay, but doesn't want you to know for whatever reason, or maybe he really is straight. By some estimates, 85-99% of the population is straight, so that's an 85% chance he's straight.

First of all buddy, gay, bisexual and straight people can come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colours, creeds and tastes. Everyone is different, some people may be typical sterotypes but others aren't I myself wouldn't be considered a typical gay sterotype and when I came out everyone was quite shocked because I wasn't what they expected.

Secondly about the guy, try and get to know him more he may open up to you more and you may be able to guage his responses or he may even tell you his orientation. Personally I wouldn't go up to someone straight, bi or gay "are you straight? are you gay? are you bi?" incase they were offended. Just play it safe and me may open up to you. Confusedmile:

lol well if it isnt going to endanger any relationships what you do is the next time you see him and have him alone (don't want to end up embarassing a straight guy in front of a crowd of people by asking him if hes gay, also dont want to embarass yourself lol) just ask it akwardly, and keep staring at him. lol. they always fidget when you stare with a big smile. its the easiest way to do it and to solve it. and then if he says no say, "thought so!" and cart wheel away. or you could do more detective work and ask him about some gay literature. and rip info out of him that way. THE EXTORTION OF INFORMATION IS ONE WAY TO MAKE YOU CREATIVE. LOLOL

(yeah im hyped up on coffee!)

thanks for the comments! I know what you all mean about not generalizing. Everybody keeps on surprising when they find out I'm gay so I know we're all different, just that all of those things plus a couple of smiles and glances confused me.
Guess it's all about being patient, he'll someday realize im gay after he realizes I never say a word when they talk about girls. So far I care more about these 5 guys' reaction to me being gay than him being gay or not. lol