Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it necessary to come out to the world
Hank, your friend is wrong.

It blows my mind how much ignorant prejudice is thrown at bi guys by gay people. In my experience straight people have been more accepting ironically. Putting that aside, sexuality is just one part of a person. Dicks are a lot smaller than the bodies they are attached to. To say nothing of the minds. Good god the minds...whoa :eek:

Telling people to 'act gay' is no better than telling people to 'act straight.'

hank Wrote:Its quite a common misconception that males cannot be bisexual, I get it from straight and gay guys alike, straight women too.

I think my friend said he was bi for a few years as a way to ease out of the closet. Nothing wrong with that, but just because he couldn't come bounding out straight to gay doesn't mean that's the case for every one.

Oh god. I've heard that line of thinking quite a few times.
Thankfully never from members here, only though what other members have heard from other people in real life.

I really wish that lie would stop being propagated.:frown:

ivorybenz Wrote:o ok... from what you had posted, I thought maybe you shied a way from affection from boyfriends cause you didnt want the world to know your bi... but showing affection to your boyfriends, isnt that like telling the world 'hey im gay or bi-sexual"? or am I getting it wrong?

well no not exactly. It is evidence that I am bi or gay, but if my boyfriend isn't with me, they wouldn't know unless the asked. I don't care if they figure it out either by seeing me hold a guys hand or make out with a guy, but I don't have any outward signs of it, if you saw me alone you would have to ask me to know. Or if I was kissing my girl friend they wouldn't assume that I was bisexual, and I wouldn't care. Why should I

I am not hiding, it just isn't the first thing on my mind. I can't run around wearing rainbows because I am not gay, I still like women, and that shuts that door in a lot of cases. I am not ashamed of being bisexual, but it isn't a point of pride for me either, its incidental, I am proud that I came out, happy for that even.

Genersis Wrote:Oh god. I've heard that line of thinking quite a few times.
Thankfully never from members here, only though what other members have heard from other people in real life.

I really wish that lie would stop being propagated.:frown:

I understand it was a study, where they attatched sensors to self proclaimed bisexual mends genitalia to measure arousal from homo and hetero erotic stimuli. Generally speaking the bi men they tested reacted more to homoerotic stimuli. But a penis isn't where sexuality is, it is in your mind. I wonder how I would have tested, being that I am demisexual. I would have found very little of any homo or hetero erotic stimuli appeling on an arousal level.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/health....html?_r=1

This artical explains it.

hank Wrote:Its quite a common misconception that males cannot be bisexual, I get it from straight and gay guys alike, straight women too.

I think my friend said he was bi for a few years as a way to ease out of the closet. Nothing wrong with that, but just because he couldn't come bounding out straight to gay doesn't mean that's the case for every one.

I am reading a study now that claimed that bisexual is the transition from Hetero to Gay.

Bricg1970 Wrote:I am reading a study now that claimed that bisexual is the transition from Hetero to Gay.

I am sure it is for some people. But just because some people are doesn't mean it doesn't exist. For me it would be the other way around, I used to think I was gay. I never really was attracted to women until about eight years ago.

I would have to squeeze by buttcheeks and grind my teeth to avoid showing my distaste if any of my straight friends ever "announced" they were straight. It would make me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

I have never announced I was gay to anyone really except the occasional straight women who was pursuing me and that was just to be fair to her.

If you looked at me you would not know I am gay...even gay people don't know unless I want them to. .

I am not ashamed of myself at all though and am proud of who I am and instead of telling anyone I am gay...I introduce my lover as...my lover...as though ti is a non issue. Ironically...it IS a non issue when you make it one.

The key to making it a non issue for everyone else...make it a non issue for yourself. I have never had a problem being gay since the first time I realized I was.

Look at how sexuality ( mostly the 95% straight population ) is integrated into the media and culture. Its everywhere. A lady usually has less than expected clothiers on but is still considered well dressed. Like it or not the sex is socially its considered important.

there is more than being the best gay man you can be and the term LGBT dosnt cover all. Things are more complicated than being the straight looking man lady. Your do want to look attractive... to your self in the mirror.

I understand things even 5 years ago were a lot different but being gay is no big deal. I expect to be treated like that.

at work i put a pic of my partner out on my desk, find it immediately solves a lot of problems.

I like people to judge me for what I am, not rumor and innuendo.
Mainly if I am out at work as gay and have male friends and very close co-workers it really is much easier. I walk into a small crowded office with a group meeting or have a sit next to a male co worker for 2-3 hours i want to concentrate on the work related issue.

My partner visits me at work from time to time and we take the train back together.

my partner's manager is gay

hank Wrote:There is way more to me than just my sexuality, I actually feel my sexuality is incidental. But he was telling me I need to be out and proud and "act gay" (what ever the hell that means)

I dont have a queeny personality but I know people who do, and they can be quite irritating sometimes when they are shouting to the world abotu being gay. I dont hate it all the time but it does irritate me some times and only because as you say, my sexuality is incidental and I dont feel like I have a point to prove. Im fine just being gay and if people know I am happy but wont go out of my way to tell them.

I don´t see the heterosexuals go around proclaiming aloud their sexuality, why Gays should do it?