Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it only me? everything is separating in early 20s
Hi people,

lately get this feeling stronger and stronger that it's hard to find people who truly know my thoughts and me myself...sometimes I get some emotions and want to speak to somebody, yet I could find no one suitable to listen - feeling every one are going to different paths and have developed differently that they no long have the same attitude towards many things as we used to do. Not only about my sexuality but many other things else. I tried to look for new friends but none of them can become true friends that I feel comfortable to share my thoughts...usually just come and go...and don't even mention finding a partner....

so I still keep trying and trying, it's been exhausting and tiring now I feel kinda upset and this feeling also has nowhere to be expressed and solved, is it me having some issues or it just happens to most people?? is it me my own perception that "oh they don't understand me" that hindered my affection towards my old friends? yet I really feel no urges to share deep thoughts with them anymore and it somehow tortures myself, when I speak I just feel not secure and uncomfortable about it

I think it's natural. With every experience you change. So do your friends. And because their experiences are different than yours, your paths start to split and differ. It can happen again when you are older, but usually the friendships from high school won't survive the time. That doesn't mean they are not important.

I think I find it hard to connect with new people. I use to find it super easy and could make new friends as soon as I met someone. Now I just see mostly gross cuntish human-beings

i think both of you are true...and ya sometimes I just see the flaws in people...either new people and old friends, and I think I don't feel good about being their friends if they are like that, but then I also know myself having other flaws, like same old saying no one is perfect, yet I just don't have that affection again...I'm thinking i'm being too ideal. But, if I really don't feel comfortable about it, is it the way that I should force myself to do? also sounds not a way to me either

Sometimes we lose ourselves and we just have to look and find a new us or find the old us. I know I'm still looking for who I was at the same time as look for who I want to be. It's hard cos there is so much else going on and I, myself am easily sidetracked from my search and or I just go down the wrong path. But it all leads to the same end.

Honey they talk about the teens being a tough time as your hormones switch in and you start to become aware of yourself, your sexuality and you begin to form as a person who is separate from your parents. This process does not stop at 18 with us being the fully formed person we are going to be for the rest of our lives. The 20's are also a time of great flux in our development we are often driven to succeed in our careers and personal lives we are changing our views on a regular basis and find that where we thought we had shared interests with out friends that they are not quite as shared as we thought.

It it only natural to be this way but if we just give up on connecting with other human beings just because we cant seem to find that have things in common their is no reason why you cannot compromise and focus where there is some common ground and if you have to have friends to support other interests then that is fine. Even in a long term relationship you may need to crave our some time each week to spend time with other friends with a shared interest...this will keep a you happy and if your happy he should be as well if we loves you. I wish you all the best.