Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Gays Become Straight?
well I think to "become" straight you would have to be bi in the first place and it would just be suppressing your feelings for the same sex and only acting on your feelings for the opposite sex

TheProphet Wrote:well I think to "become" straight you would have to be bi in the first place and it would just be suppressing your feelings for the same sex and only acting on your feelings for the opposite sex

I'd not say 'suppressing'. If someone becomes bi, or hetero is because that person wants, because that person has changed his or her likes and now seems to be pleased with sth different. The discussion here is more about if that change can happen... And yea i agree with the statement of environment mixed with genetics, but wud be nice to add other different factors, turn it a bit into something more philosophic

I think we're missing the point. I don't think being gay or straight has so much to do with sex as it does with who you want to be with, otherwise there would be no such thing as tops and bottoms. Is a top more straight than gay and a bottom more gay than straight??? NO!!! I think sex is more of a side note, not the defining factor!

I believe it is within the power of the human mind to be able to FORCE yourself to do a large number of things, yes.

People conquer their phobias through strength of will ... you see reality shows where arachnophobes must walk through rooms FILLED with spiders, or where hydrophobes must swim across lakes ... so there's no reason why gay people (or straight people) couldn't FORCE themselves to adopt a different sexual preference, no.

The problem, however, arises from the word FORCE. You'd be doing something that is naturally alien to you, and naturally against your built-in preferences, and so you're bound to hit a number of brick walls when you try and go through with certain aspects of the ... whatever you want to call it really ... transition ??

Anybody could FORCE themselves to have sexual intercourse with anybody else ... but that's not to say you could force yourself to like it ... or to want to do it again ... or that the repercussions OF forcing yourself wouldn't DRASTICALLY outweigh the benefits.

So whilst I think it is POSSIBLE for you to force yourself to do somebody of another gender if you're gay, I can barely find adjectives to describe how BAD an idea I think that would be.

Similarly, because being of a sexual preference is MORE than just your sexual choices, you would be basically splitting yourself in two or more directions on pretty much every major issue you face ...

So no. I think the longer-term psychological damage that would result from such a forced move could easily prove catastrophic, and so it should never be advocated.

... but yes, I think it's possible.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Plus......

Does that change your sexuality? You can a thing a thousand times but it doesn't always make it so. I had sex with girls when I was younger, but I am definately gay. If I had to for some reason I'm sure I could again. Men for thousands of years have had to live a lie and managed it. That doesn't make them straight....just stuck.

These ex gays (shudder) more often than not just ascribe to celibacy. THAT'S not changing your sexuality, just stops you having sex at all. You are not changed, you are just not acting on your desires. On the gay.com boards we had women all the time who's husbands later came out who lived lives of little sex or intimacy...even though they had children.

We can all do things we would rather not if we have to. We no longer have to, thank god. These people don't change, they just have doomed themselves to a life less than what it could and should be at the expense of themselves and sadly, another.