Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issue with freindship
Hi guys I am new here. I come to seek advice on an issue with current friendship that has been bothering me recently. In a short time (almost a year) this person has become very dear to me and we have became very close friends. Basically our time spent together is hanging out at bars and drinking alcohol and the whole manhunt and adrenaline when we do. But outside of that we also have fun together and have many things in common.

Now, although I do not have eyes for him, he is very handsome. So at first when we hung out we would call the attention of other guys almost 50/50. He with other freind were the ones who got me out of my rutinary life of school, gym and work. Although he is cute he is quite lacking in the body department (he is slender but pretty average body), and well since I have been training for some time now I guess I call the attention of those looking for more "hunky" or "buff" type of guy.

What has been bothering me the past few months is whenever we go out the he is getting more and more attention than I am. At first it wouldn't even bother me but now its coming to the point I cant even make move on guys because I fear they will just ignore me and go for my friend. I am hating myself for it and its just getting to me. After so much busting my ass in the gym to just get ignored is very frustrating. This is bothering so much I am very demotivated to go to the gym and life in general. I hate feeling like this because he is such a sweetheart with me and a nice guy. But this is affecting me so much I do not even want to go out anymore. The fact we have been hanging out together (sometimes alone and sometimes with company) for so long make it so much harder. I sometimes wonder if id be with other company id have much more success at getting laid and such. But really going out without telling him would be just wrong... I dont know what to do. He is a very good friend who apreciates my freindship and that is certainly hard to find in the gay world.