Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
it is always so difficult (a birthday present)
i cant figure it out what to buy for my bf. he already has everything. i know he wants a new phone, and he has been thinking about nexus6. but it would be too obvious. i bought nexus5 for him when it came... so no phone on this time? and no tablets either. i just bought air2 for a xmas present. no smartwatches either, because he probably wouldnt wear it. last time i bought a watch (normal) for him the watch is still in the box...

any ideas? or the regular edt, boxers... ?

Give him your love and friendship. (And maybe a dinner in a nice restaurant)

gerald Wrote:Give him your love and friendship. (And maybe a dinner in a nice restaurant)

And the Nexus 6 :biggrin:

Seriously, it might be obvious but at least you know he wants it. Smile

Maybe buy him a couple of cheap/silly meaningless gifts too, its not about the thing it's about the person giving you the thing Smile

We have a thing going within my family. A bunch of us are terrible at giving gifts, so we maintain a "things I'd like" list at all times. Every time we see something that we think "that would be nice to get as a gift", we add it to the list. It's like the Amazon wish list, but more all-encompassing. Smile The stuff on my list ranges from $5 to $150 or so. If somebody asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I just send them the list, and tell them to pick something.

So if this is an ongoing thing, ask if he'll make a list for you.

Lex

it isnt so easy... "what would you like to have?" - nothing ... and it has been always the same, lol

Like I said, ask him to make a list. If he doesn't give you one, you can buy him absolutely anything you want, and he can't complain. Smile

Lex

Lexington Wrote:Like I said, ask him to make a list. If he doesn't give you one, you can buy him absolutely anything you want, and he can't complain. Smile

Lex

the list would be great... an empty box Big Grin "what is it?" - nothing! absolutely nothing at all! Big Grin

it is not the money thing, it doesnt need to be "expensive and fancy" - we both can buy whatever we want. however, either of us doesnt appreciate useless crap either. and the thing is that we both have everything we want.

the item has to be well made. for example if it is a kitchen knife, better to be a quality knife rather than a cheap and useless one that nobody want to use. well, you know what i mean...

knives reminded me that he likes to cook too, i wonder if there is something to consider?

Cookbooks, utensils, cookware, gift cards to a variety of specialty food stores - cheese shops, spice shops, butchers, bakeries?

Lex

--books on any subject that he's interested in are a great gift.
--original CD albums, maybe sheet music if he can play an instrument.
--watches.
--notebooks (actual notebook, made of paper, for personal use).
--weapons (tantos, knives, a gun (if he has a permit), etc).

i've gifted things like a katana, military-grade compasses, expensive fountain pens, music (of course), photobooks (male nude photobooks would make a decent gift for a partner), paintings.....i have too many ideas usually.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Well....personally I prefer blue diamonds and white gold, although I am pretty happy with any shiny glittery thing (but if you want me to wear it, blue diamonds and white gold).
Good Luck,
Beaux