Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just broke up with someone i love...
As for what you talk about promises, again, to each their own. I would promise to remain faithful though, and that is because it is my choice.

In relationships and marraige...promises of fidelity are the norm yet the statistics are staggering when it comes to people who do not keep their promises. These promises are broken constantly by well meaning people who beleive they are making a promise they can and will keep...but life opens doors and windows for you that you cannot possibly imagine nor anticipate...and we change and evolve...no matter how much we want to do one thing or think we are in charge of everything...life often has other plans. I prefer to remain open and honest...and yes...to each their ownWink.

Hey you,

I am so sad for you. Yet, there is still the ripple effect... brace yourself. Unfortunately, no one can tell you to compromise your integrity. I honestly feel it is better to let someone leave, than to make a huge compromise for them, only to regret this compromise. Holdfast to your decision, I think you made an excellent one. Despite the hurt and confusion you feel now, better days start with every ticking minute.

I don't think you were wrong, I think you did what you felt was right for you... sounds cheesy but that in itself is 'right'.

It's a bad time of life for falling in love, because there's a lot of upheaval and moving around; so in a way you can't be too hard on yourself or him. After a while you'll realise you want to live your own life and enjoy what being young has to offer. It's not going to come around for a while, but eventually you will stop thinking about him and be happy. You won't forget, but rather settle it as a good an painful past experience. Such is love.

Now time for some awful heartbreak radio songs...

thank you all for ur advice i deeply appreciate it. but for those of u who said im young and enjoy it. i do enjoy being young but also its like this i already got all my partying and stuff out of the way. its like i am definitely ready to settle down and just finally be in love for the rest of my life. Im just tired of the heartbnreak.

GayJ17 Wrote:thank you all for ur advice i deeply appreciate it. but for those of u who said im young and enjoy it. i do enjoy being young but also its like this i already got all my partying and stuff out of the way. its like i am definitely ready to settle down and just finally be in love for the rest of my life. Im just tired of the heartbnreak.

well, it s true that you are a little too young. I mean...you are a beautiful 18 year old boy who can..oh forget it, I just hope you find the one soon!

c'mon what were u gunna say hun????

So, I am not going to say I am going through the exact same thing, but here is what just happened to me, it may help, it was a post titled "open relationship and sexting" in this forum.

Last week, my boyfriend of 3 years came out and asked me, "you want a 3some or open relationship?" I was devastated. I did not want either, I wanted him. I didn't think either was an option and was very close to leaving him. Like many others, I did not want to share.

But then after posting here and talking to many others in some chat rooms, i decided to talk openly and honestly with my boyfriend. Tell him how I felt about the entire thing.

It was not easy and almost ended us after three years. But after talking to him, I realized he didn't really want an open relationship, he was looking for more from ours. Not that I wasn't everything he needed, things were just getting stale. We were not venturing out. Turns out we both have some fantasies.. Some possible, some not.

The ones that are not, they were fun to talk about. The ones we can play out, well, that is what we are going to do. and one of his fantasies is having a threesome. So after a long talk about it, we are going to try it with one of the guys that he has been sexting.

Not sure this will work out for us, but we are talking about things and making compromises. Sharing him was not something I wanted to do, but after thinking about the threesome, i think I will enjoy it as well.

Hope this helps. I know the threesome thing does not work for everyone, maybe not even us. but what does is honesty and talking. And if talking does not make things better, then it is not worth it. and that is what you have to know in a relationship, that you are with the person that makes you happy and is worth fighting for and that makes you feel like you've never felt before. there are other people here that are still best friends with their ex's because of things like this, and they are now happier.

For me, I knew that I wanted to be with and stay with my boyfriend. I know that he is the one that will always make me happy and never intentionally hurt me.

Hope this helps. and if you want or need to talk, i am always around.

Hey Sandlot731, Great...I mean really great advice. I love it. I never dreamed a scenario where an Open relationship could be cordial. Yeah, sure, I am aware of Poly-amorous relationships,but someone inevitably gets wrung. It is pleasant to hear someone who is looking forward to a threesome with their significant other. I hope it will be everything great you've never dreamed of!!