Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kentucky fried cruelty
GayComputerDude Wrote:ya but Pam Anderson and Pink(whom I just love!) don't make it true

Okay that's fair enough......

I don't know how true it is then, but then that's the media for you

[Image: insertevillaughhere.gif]

If ya want to buy welfare friendly foods then the fast food joints probably ain't the best start for a place to eat... although I think McDonald's are advertising that they're food is sourced from places with better welfare.

In the supermarket, look for Free-Range and RSPCA Freedom Food labels which currently offer the highest welfare standards.

As for KFC, they have carefully constructed paragraph about how their chickens are reared.

As for PETA's KFC cruelty website... (I'm not a fan of PETA!! Hypocritical twats IMO!)

[Image: 1392013f-8ee0-4cb2-9c57-6404bc8fae05.jpg]

Anyone who thinks that any meat product comes from an animal that was killed in a humane way is deluding themselves.

Human beings are Omnivores. We are designed to eat both meat and vegetables. It's not possible to eat meat in a mass market environment without some cruelty, there are limits, but there are some things that you just have to put up with, such as the way chickens and cows and such are raised. If you don't like it, don't buy it, otherwise stop bitching.

That's my opinion, feel free to flame.

Richard

Dont know if anyone gets CurrenTV. The channel was started by Al Gore (News // Current) online coverage is pretty interesting...

It must have been a year ago when they went to China to investigate the food industry and showed about how they captured and held cats and dogs. Kinda weird that we accept how cattle, chickens, fish are treated, or rather dont even think about it... but watching those cats scream, those dogs whimper - well, if ya dont get sick to your stomach...

ardus Wrote:It's not possible to eat meat in a mass market environment without some cruelty, there are limits, but there are some things that you just have to put up with, such as the way chickens and cows and such are raised.

I think it depends what you mean by cruelty. I think that it is possible to produce meat for the mass market without, frank, cruelty, not saying the best conditions in the world just not cruel. That said producers willing to cut ethical corners will be cheaper. So if you believe in animal welfare you need to do your homework about the conditions of different producers and vote with your money.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Personally i think that people who eat meat and cant seem to celebrate the fact that they're eating the dead tissue of another animal are just token meat eaters, in much the same way that vegetarians who eat fish are TOTAL frauds.

I know it's controversial and kinda twisted, but see if you have the (strangely militant) vegan society in your face like twice and three times a week you learn to despise them and being to get a lot of pleasure out of seeing the shock on your faces when, after having been asked if i know what i'm eating saying, "It's chicken, not A CHICKEN. They snapped it's neck so that it bled out from the head and then..."

Far as the whole cruelty to animals thing goes, i eat veal and thus any qualms i have about an animal i'm eating's welfare while it was alive are rendered hypocritical...

I do realise this is a horrible and morally reprehensible view.

Tbh I Cba to quote who said something about saying there is a way to eat meat without being cruel. Eating meat is always cruel, but most omnivores reason for eating meat is because it is tasty. Why is it so tasty? Well you'll have to blame cavemen for that Tongue. They didn't get much meat so when they did there bodies forced them to gorge. Our taste buds came accustomed to making meat very tasty. To be a vegetarian all you have to do is defeat that craving, rather like ciggerates.

Tobehonest I'm still addicted too both. I must be a total Cave man.:redface:

That is the way most meat chickens are slaughtered - especially the ones for fast food and processed foods.

I am a vegetarian and I have been for a good 14 years or so. I like to know what I am eating. I don't have any problem with other people eating meat but I think they should be happy to kill it themselves - if not it's hypocritical IMO.

But thats just me Smile

BiPenny Wrote:but I think they should be happy to kill it themselves - if not it's hypocritical IMO.

Smile

I grew up in a country village/s were it was the norm to hunt for the pot, i have no objections to killin a rabbit/bird/fish etc too eat but when it comes to summit like a cow/pig i couldn't imagine doin it meself...i think i'd prefer to starve....its easy to pick up a pack of steaks/chicken without a thought as to were it came from or how it lived but when yer in the situation where ya gotta provide yer own food things change...i spose i'm biased towards smaller bein's...its somehow easier 'to me' to see a rabbit as less consequential too a bigger animal[Image: thshrug.gif]