Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keyboard help please
sngrd like thiskeyb) n e 1 no how i get my computer to stop going back to top of paragraph and mess up my typing? If i type fast it jumps around the keyboard like this? Example shown above please help or how do i restore factory settings windows 7?

Um, that's weird. I guess check to make sure your up arrow key isn't sticky or pressed down. And also check the page up key.
Go into the control panel -> Region and Language -> keyboard and languages tab -> Change keyboards. Make sure your keyboard is EN-US

keyboard set as english with pound sign as american keyboards dont have it I have scanned for virus' defraged etc and its driving me nuts but behaving itself at the moment lol

Have you checked that your connection to the USB is securely in, they can get pulled out by mistake, many times while typing away while at work my USB has been dislodged and that happens.

Coffee

What I would do is buy a cheap kepyboard, or get a spare keyboad that is laying around and use that, that way you can rule out a hardware issue.

Most common problem with keyboards is a sticky key.

If a differant keyboard works fine, then problem identified, if not, you will have to look at the software. Perhaps use manufacturer drivers if possible as windows drivers are too generic for some keyboards. That's about as much advice I can give on a windows system as it has been quiet a while since I have used a Windows based system.

Don't ave much luck with computers do ya Zeon?:tongue:
It's hard to say what your problem is.
I don't quite understand what you mean by your keyboard jumping around, but i can't help the thought of a rabid foaming keyboard jumping around a padded room.:biggrin:
*Clears throat*
Sorry, that's not helping.:redface:

Sounds like the typing cursor indicator thing(does it even have a name?:confusedSmile keeps resting to the top of typing box.
I'd say try a different keyboard, and let us know if your problem persists.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so