Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kindle or books
What's best a kindle or a old fashioned book?

I like both. I keep books at home, but I use a reader when I'm traveling or if I wan't to read magazines. It's easier to read manga on the reader mainly because I can just download it from the internet and read it rather than running around looking for a certain comic or something in english. But I still buy books and stuff for home, they just aren't as easy to take around, especially if you're like me and want to keep your books in good condition or read a lot of comics. I don't think that digital readers should take the place from books though. Just for sentimental reasons though.

I'm actually looking to buy a Kindle, right now; though I do love my physical books. In fact, I'm the kind of person that prefers to have a physical and electronic version of the same book.

Books.

Despite its name, kindle doesn't burn as well as books do. Wink

Honestly I prefer the feel, sound, aroma of a good old fashion paper bound book.

I tried the kindle thingy, it wasn't satisfying the whole reading experience.

I feel sorry for coming generations that will miss out on the subtle thrills of books.

I'm trying to use more ebooks, my room is a little cluttered with books but I keep buying them: I've already got two bookshelves full, along with a hidden bookshelf in my closet, and a few piles on the floor. I use the library a lot too, which helps.

Same here orphanpip I have loads of books and I am fast running out of room. I got a kindle for my last birthday.Confusedmile:

the bf has a Kindle, not the latest hardware, not a beta, but it has reset issues. Sometimes it goes to to lunch and dosnt want to come back easy. He is an avid reader and loves it tho. the process of buying a book and reading it is seamless. You can also get a Kindle reader application for the iPhone iPad and other devices but you have to sync up the text between devices.

look at a software application Calibre runs on a mac maybe a windows version.
this application converts between different book formats, PDF being one format and MOBI (the Kindle format) being the other. Calibre can convert the file and email it into the Kindle. mobi book files are not very large so they transfer fast.

Apple, Amazon and others have price fixing issues in the courts. The cost of a MOBI formatted book is about the same as a paper back book.

I hope this helps, if you like to read this is the way you could go

OrphanPip Wrote:my room is a little cluttered with books but I keep buying them: I've already got two bookshelves full, along with a hidden bookshelf in my closet, and a few piles on the floor.

Yup, this is my world too :biggrin:

I've had to cut back on buying books, I could probably open my own library! ( I did lapse this week and order 2 books on Amazon :redfaceSmile

I really should get a kindle but I just like books more, particularly new hardback books, I love the smell of their fresh pages! I'm weird like that :redface:

I dont care if its kindle or old or eBooks as long as I download free so I dont have to worried about anything lol Confusedmile:

books Smile We have a whole room full of books. Just like my parents have. Smile Right now I have 21 books from a municipal library on my night stand. Yeah, I know :tongue:

When I travel, I carry either a book, or my cellphone with downloaded ebooks.
I don't want to buy Kindle, I've heard a lot about how liable to failure it is. Amazon's customer service seem to be excellent, but sending it back and forth over the ocean is not something I would like to do frequently :biggrin: