Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"knock knock" who's there "its me your good friend depression"
yes i may not have it as bad as most but it has gotten worse and i need help so please you know if your not busy.

It would be easier to answer, if one knew what the question was.

I'm sorry that you're feeling depressed. Maybe you could expand a bit on what has you down and what exactly you're feeling?

If you suffer from depression, also.... have you considered finding a therapist? Sometimes medication is entirely unnecessary and therapy or counseling can assist a great deal in finding the light at the end of the tunnel.

its just i knew i had it but i could keep it under control and even help people who are suffering from it more but as time goes on i start to feel that my help is just useless cause i can't seem to help anyone anymore and i just don't know how long i can take it anymore.

and i know its getting worse cause the most simple of things like getting up in the morning has become a chore and like i said i don't know how long i can take it.

sorry for troubling you with my problems Sad

you're not bothering anyone.... so don't try to play that card again...

Let's talk about depression.. and the fact that you're 18....
Have you heard that being your age means you require more sleep and rest than either younger teens or adults?
Has anyone bothered to tell you being 18 and occasionally depressed is pretty danged normal and.....
usually a sign that you're going to be a more interesting adult than teens who never experience depression because they are so dumb they have to use a finger to figure out if they need to take a shit or not.
Go ask a psychologist if it's true or not if you don't believe me.

The best thing you can do about depression is stop allowing yourself to get into situations where you can be depressed... get out and meet people, do things, enjoy each day... Don't sit back doing nothing social with no new interactions with people...

The best medicine for depression is endorphin and you can get it free. Look it up and figure out how to do that.

You are not bothering us with your problems a large part of being on this forum is to help people and give out advice.

As for depression as hard as it may be you have to push yourself to engage in activities. Your depression will be telling you cannot and do not want to do anything, but the less you do the more depressed you will become and so continues the endless cycle you will be stuck in. You need to exercise and this can be anything, going to the gym, running, dancing anything you would like to do, Exercise will make you feel better. Keep a diary and plan a activity for each hour of the day, do anything to stop yourself brooding and getting down, hard as maybe you have to try.

Have you considered therapy? It may help you.

Keep chatting to us on here that alone may help you if only a little.

Wolfpack Wrote:You are not bothering us with your problems a large part of being on this forum is to help people and give out advice.

As for depression as hard as it may be you have to push yourself to engage in activities. Your depression will be telling you cannot and do not want to do anything, but the less you do the more depressed you will become and so continues the endless cycle you will be stuck in. You need to exercise and this can be anything, going to the gym, running, dancing anything you would like to do, Exercise will make you feel better. Keep a diary and plan a activity for each hour of the day, do anything to stop yourself brooding and getting down, hard as maybe you have to try.

Have you considered therapy? It may help you.

Keep chatting to us on here that alone may help you if only a little.

.........and if you don't listen to me and Wolfpuck we're going to hunt you down and beat you up! LOL.
Nose-pick

Wolfpack Wrote:continues the endless cycle you will be stuck in.

well they do have an end not a happy end but its an end no less.

anyway your right either way i should do stuff to take my mind off it thanks Wolf.

Is this self diagnosed depression or do you have a doctor that diagnosed?

If a doctor diagnosed what treatments did s/he suggest?

Did you try the treatment options? Did they work a little, a lot, not at all?

A good method is therapy coupled with an antidepressant. Unfortunately most MD's just throw pills at the patient and that rarely works.

A therapist will give you coping tools and might even figure out the root cause of the situational part of the depression.

Some, perhaps many, people have what I call situation depression, its not a chemical imbalance, its stuff in life that drags them down. More often than if one deals with the stuff dragging you down you can snap out of depression. If you wait too long, then a situational depression can become a chemical depression, meaning that you have been sad for X amount of time and your body has just decided to go with it and maintain the depressing chemicals as depression levels.

So you need to consider how long you have been depressed. If its something relatively new and you can trace it back to a break up, a death, a life change - then you need to work on those or that causing circumstance, work through it process it, go through the stages of grief and reach acceptance.

Here's the quick tell.... I bet I have elevated more people from depression with my silly shit than you ever will tryin to act like you know Fhat the Wuck you are talking about.

The only thing you get from being hetero sexual is a plastic crown for being as stupid as the rest of the people who have said stupid stuff.