• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last name change
megumidesu Wrote:very very flexible

and long tongues ~

Lucky so-and-so's.

dfiant Wrote:I bet you still can't lick your elbow Wink

I have a very long tongue and I'm still very limber.... :biggrin:

This thread is beginning to deliver.

this thread really took an odd turn... lol!

elbows and long tongues! Big Grin

I think the entire practice of changing names after marriage archaic anyway. It isn't done here in Quebec and I'm quite content with that.

dfiant Wrote:My preference would be for a hyphenated surname. I mean we are talking about equality right?

I think even straight marriages should have hyphenated surnames, but that is just me.

This is what my wife and I chose to do when we got married. We decided to put her last name first as we thought that it sounded best in that order. Both my wife and I wanted to have the same last name because we plan to have children, and also to offer us a bit more protection should one of us end up in the hospital, because after all if we share a last name it's harder to argue that we're not married. We ended up hyphenating because I didn't want to give up the name that I got from my father, and admittedly my last name sounded awful with my wife's firstname.

I've definitely given it thought,
I am considering just adding my guy's
last name to my last w/ a hyphen.

I wouldn't change my last name, which is a Scottish name and was given to my family, ancestors, for an act of selfless bravery, back when not everybody had last name.

what just happened.