Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leave me alone...
Thanks for the courtesy, Wolfe.Wink

I dont drink or club it either cardshark and I must say I feel more fulfilled now than I ever did when I was doing that bullshit(soz to anyone who still does it, takes all sorts and that). In fact I find it most difficult to sit around listening to the crap some of my friends talk when thier inebriated. One of my friends bought a mug saying "I drink to make people seem more interesting" well I say get a new set of friends and ditch the booze. Thankfully my newer friends are a far more sober bunch and they talk a whole lot more sense. Happy new year to you as well matey.

I'd imagine the cup was a joke...

Anyway, as I said, it's absolutely individual choice as to whether or not one chooses to drink, but do bear in mind that alcohol reduces ones inhibitions, it doesn't necessarily turn them into a gibbering moron.

Some of the most interesting conversations I've had have involved copious amounts of alcohol, and I felt the same about them the next day when sober as at the time of the conversation when thoroughly gassed.

I personally don't think people who abstain are boring and uptight, hope the abstainers would refrain from implying that drinkers are stupid and irresponsbile - nothing irritates me more than a holier-than-though sanctimonious attitude towards what people choose to do.

//endeth rantage

Ky xxx

sparky71 Wrote:I dont drink or club it either cardshark and I must say I feel more fulfilled now than I ever did when I was doing that bullshit(soz to anyone who still does it, takes all sorts and that). In fact I find it most difficult to sit around listening to the crap some of my friends talk when thier inebriated. One of my friends bought a mug saying "I drink to make people seem more interesting" well I say get a new set of friends and ditch the booze. Thankfully my newer friends are a far more sober bunch and they talk a whole lot more sense. Happy new year to you as well matey.

Yeah I cant talk to my friends when their pissed, they just wind me up all the shit they talk about. So I see why people would want to drink.

They're not my scene either, I just have people round or go to a friends house.

I love pubbing but no one else does theses days, they just want to go to cheap clubs as they just want to get pissed which I don't. I like to have 4 pints and thats it and no more...

sweetlad86 Wrote:I love pubbing but no one else does theses days, they just want to go to cheap clubs as they just want to get pissed which I don't. I like to have 4 pints and thats it and no more...
I probably drink less in clubs than I do in pubs, I like a drink but don't like being too drunk, I think alcohol is over rated.

BobBlack1988 Wrote:I probably drink less in clubs than I do in pubs, I like a drink but don't like being too drunk, I think alcohol is over rated.
Definitely, for all its many down sides.

BobBlack1988 Wrote:I probably drink less in clubs than I do in pubs, I like a drink but don't like being too drunk, I think alcohol is over rated.

I hate drunks and being drunk, I just love the process of getting that way.

(That is a quote, not original I am afraid, but I have no idea who said it first.)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Lol I can now say, without a doubt, that drinking in a pub that chucks out before you're hammered is not wise...

Last night resulted in me and friends leaving the pub at disgustingly early last orders to drink wine in a high-rise car park, relocate a tree to the middle of a road (don't ask), decide that an abandoned house that we were considering sneaking into was haunted, developing a lawyer conspiracy theory, pissing on a Lexus (again, don't ask) and singing strange songs into parking cones while sitting in a circle in the middle of the high street...

And there's photos. :eek: