Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lonely :(
Through the week I am happy in my job - I love my job and feel productive and satisfied with life. However when it comes to weekends all this goes. I spend my time stuck to the PC screen feeling lonely, trying to make connections with gay people from the internet *sigh*. I am reminded that my 2 best friends live in other countries; the few friends that live near me are not really emotionally close enough for me to PROPERLY talk to; of the 3 GAY friends I have - 2 live at a bit of a distance, 1 is my ex and I feel he tries to keep me at a distance even though we are supposed to be dear friends, and the 1 who lives near me is really pissing me off and seems to take humour from that; I am too cautious about going out at weekend evenings since I was beaten up in a night club and I have not been out for ages, I can't even walk around town anymore without constantly looking over my shoulder and watching everyone that goes past. I don't feel like I really have anyone besides my mum. :frown:

Furthermore, I've been single for ages and I do not want to be anymore Sad and would at least like some gay friends (real human ones).

It may help if you felt able to post the name of the area where you live. Maybe then someone would be moved to get in touch.

Best wishes.

hm ... I think its maybe a wrong way to post a "I ´m lonely"- posting anonymous ? It´s a bit like "please wash me but don´t make me wet"

Nobody bites here ... and it is no need to post your adress, photo, phonenumber and first name of your grandmother Confusedmile:
And if somebody bites you... tell it us .. and we bite back....

chat with us ... post... and maybe help us to be your friends

Anonymous Wrote:Through the week I am happy in my job - I love my job and feel productive and satisfied with life. However when it comes to weekends all this goes. I spend my time stuck to the PC screen feeling lonely, trying to make connections with gay people from the internet *sigh*. I am reminded that my 2 best friends live in other countries; the few friends that live near me are not really emotionally close enough for me to PROPERLY talk to; I am too cautious about going out at weekend evenings and I have not been out for ages. I don't feel like I really have anyone besides my mum. :frown:

Anonymous Wrote:Furthermore, I've been single for ages and I do not want to be anymore Sad and would at least like some gay friends (real human ones).

[Image: lonelinessdemotivationalposter.jpg]

I can identify with allot of what you write. Im very alone as well. I was just telling my mother today I feel like failure in life. I really dislike the fact I have no close friends and have been single for all of my adult life. I am not very happy with my job. I have social phobia so bad that im online 24/7 if im not working or sleeping.

You definitly arent alone in your struggles to connect with other people outside of cyberspace. You might try to volunteer your time to help people less fortunate then you and meet new people at the same time. Also you could get active in causes like gay rights to meet like minded folks like yourself. I really wish I could crawl through this computer screen and be with you so both of us wouldnt be so lonely.
Bighug

I can relate for a year or so I was lonely too once I left work. I work at a university and the students made me feel crazy and productive lol Smile but once I left work I went into depression I would just go home and go asleep for 10-11 hours until I had to go to work again. And on the weekends I would just sleep all day. I realized myself this was not normal and I knew it was not normal. But what I did was I found things to keep me occupied, I started taking classes and found a hobby in exercise Smile sooner or later friends came into my life naturally. Not sure if I was help but thought I'd share my experience.

Hey anon poster

I feel the same way. gosh you were beaten up in a bar? That is terrifying. i know how it feels to be scared in certain areas. some people i've met have met friends via hooking up, and then getting along as friends.

sorry i wish u the best. i am spending this holiday with a cousin.. but otherwise, yeah, i'd be alone and aimless on my weekend. its hard to get out there alone and feel like u belong anyway.

hugs

Anon, my 2 cents.

You have to kill off the loneliness by overcoming that ugly night club experience that you had. Going to a night club is not the only outing you can do on the weekend to meet people. There are many ways.

What's your hobby? Dancing? Join a dance class. Nature? Join a hiking trip. Chess? Chess club. And so on.

Aha! How about this. Christmas is coming by, right? Is there a shelter for poor folks at your place? Volunteer yourself.

If you would like to meet gay friends then maybe you can join a gay community at your neighborhood.

Be firm with your intention to want to get rid of your loneliness. I have this one quote that I always keep in mind, which is "Just do it". Don't give any excuses whatsoever, just do it.

Forgot to mention. Remember, believe in yourself that you are badass and awesome. You can defeat your loneliness.

Hey guys. This was my post - I posted anonymously I guess because I did not want people to.... I dunno... see my pain?

Anyway. Thanks so much for the responses, I really appreciate them. Things are a-changing, I'm seeing friends and meeting up with a couple of gay guys off the net, and actually I have had something really awesome happen lately which I will tell you guys about soon.

A couple of you have suggested I help out in the community, people less fortunate than myself... I already do that with my charity. But I had not previously thought about seeing if there are any gay groups near me, thanks for this suggestion!

Big Grin

All good then Rikki... glad the problem is partly solved.... Bighug