Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loosing ties
princealbertofb Wrote:OK it appears to be in California.... I thought so... That's supposed to be very gay. Any chances of you moving out there? Otherwise, Key West in Florida springs to mind too... Here's a link to follow and trace the pages back to find out what 10 cities are deemed the gayest in America:
http://bossip.com/330910/top-10-gayest-c...t12006/11/

You sir should get an award for that link :biggrin:

Xandor Wrote:Definitely. I have very fair skin and I do burn easily. I learned that when I went to Hawaii back in '89. I had the worst sunburn of my life. I've been researching the city of Las Cruces (where James lives) and it looks like a nice place to live. Its popular among retirees. It has a few hospitals I can apply for work at. The only thing is, it doesn't have much in the way of gay activity there. The nearest gay-friendly city is El Paso about 40 miles away. :tongue:
Oh, but Jim is active in the LGBT center that they have put up there. I've seen the center on Google map or google earth. IT exists... So you'd be among friends, surely.

You live in the wrong part of Pennsylvania if Pittsburg is among the 10 gayest cities in America... lol. OK you need to get out of Penn.

black sheep have lovely soft wool!Confusedmile:

i would think about moving to the burg...but its cold and wet just like ohio...blah

That's why it's called the Pits? Wink

Xandor Wrote:Pittsburgh. I used to go there when I was a kid. Its like Philly. Absolutely miserable in the winter.

ah yes... ohio and penn has to be about the same, and yes it can get bad

Nice to see Minneapolis at No 1. Though it can also have bad winters, it's a great place. Strange how a bit of a drive takes you to the territory of Bachmann that had a string of suicides. If only these kids could get enough support to make it until they could get to a city like this.

Cutting ties is not something that I could do (maybe with my dad, but he's still married to my mom and couldn't cut her or my sisters off), but I can understand why some would want to do it. There are extreme ways to lose oneself, but the easiest way is to move and not give contact info. Or, perhaps, just start calling and visiting less and less as if it's a natural state of things - growing up and moving on. I think it's important first though to build your own new family. What if you get diagnosed with something? The costs, the emotional toll - would your family be there for you? If not, no loss. If they would be there despite all your other differences, who will replace them if you cut them off?

Everyone has different circumstances. Obviously people that have dealt with abuse etc; cutting off can be a good thing. I just hope people can find their own makeshift families and not feel alone out there.

jbrowder24 Wrote:Nice to see Minneapolis at No 1. Though it can also have bad winters, it's a great place. Strange how a bit of a drive takes you to the territory of Bachmann that had a string of suicides. If only these kids could get enough support to make it until they could get to a city like this.

Cutting ties it not something that I could do, but I can understand why some would want to do it. There are extreme ways to lose oneself, but the easiest way is to move and not give contact info. Or, perhaps, just start calling and visiting less and less as if it's a natural state of things - growing up and moving on. I think it's important first though to build your own new family. What if you get diagnosed with something? The costs, the emotional toll - would your family be there for you? If not, no loss. If they would be there despite all your other differences, who will replace them if you cut them off?

Everyone has different circumstances. Obviously people that have dealt with abuse etc; cutting off can be a good thing. I just hope people can find their own makeshift families and not feel alone out there.

Good points, i didnt plan on just dropping off the earth, but i wanted to move away until i figured out who i am as a person. Then maybe starting to add people back.

Xandor Wrote:Well, as far as moving goes, move to a large city. They usually have a section known as a "gayborhood" or something similar. Philadelphia's is huge. I've been there many times and I am impressed every time I go. Clubs, restaurants, bookstores, video stores, gyms, tanning salons, cafes. It has everything.

Now, as far as your family goes, I guess you have thought this through. It sounds like you might have. If it were me, I would just slowly disappear. If they ask for your phone number or address, etc. just be vague. That's what I do when I don't want to talk to certain people. I'm sorry that you feel that you have to sever ties with your family. That's a tough thing. I know. I've had to do it. And no, it doesn't get any easier. I don't know your situation or what your relationship with them is like. If there's like nothing there to begin with, it might be easy. But if these are people that you love and see on a regular basis, then yes, it'll be tough. But, if you really feel it's necessary, then tough it out. Sometimes these things are for the better.
really it's my dad i'm worried about. My grandmother isn't really the hostile type( not saying my dad's abusive, he just has some anger management problem and is pretty "old school" when it comes to his beliefs) and my sister after the initial shock probaly wont even care but i cant trust ant of them with secrets so if i dont want my dad finding out, cutting ties is pretty much my only option( if i want have relationships with males and females).