Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making gay friends
is it a good place to make new friends in a gay bar?

Same as any other bar really, to my understanding xxx

i m the same.i wont to get gayfrineds in rellife bt its is hard.i went to gaybar but i not meet new peple justs dances helloooo

i cant say, i dont usually go to bars. I am wondering the same thing too. Not to steal any light from the original poster but I too am having a hard time making gay friends myself.

If you guys have a gay bar near you, be thankful for that luxury. I don't have that Smile

But I have been in gay bars and have to say for me personally, I always ended up talking more with people I came with, being sort of shy and uncomfortable. For me it's far easier to see a guy's interests online and chat that way first. But everyone's different, and certainly alcohol helps some people open up - just don't drink so much that you make a fool of yourself or forget to be safe! X

I've had a few hookups with people I met at the gay bar. It's not my proudest accomplishment, but it happens. I wouldn't call any of the people I've met at the bar friends in any way, I'd hardly call them acquaintances. I don't drink though, I'm sure it's a bit easier for drinkers to be in a bar. You never know if you'll make friends or not, it's just a matter of trying it out. I personally feel uncomfortable there so I tend to avoid it unless I'm going with friends I already have.

Gay bars are just like st8 bars and are usually just pick up places. I use to go clubbing all the time when I was younger and never made any real friends. All my gay friends have been made by meeting people through work or at gay events like fairs and when i was a gay activist fighting for law reform and also a gay support group i use to belong to. Also gay bars are great when you are young but when you are older you want other things out of life

To be honest with you I have a few gay/lesbian friends/associates which I cant tell anything because they have humongous mouths (they know each other). I tend to tell my best friend (which is straight and a women). But if you really want more gay friends try a gay bar I would not ‘try’ to make a friend in a gay club.