Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
masculines vs effeminates? =S =S
First of all may I say. I skim read all that as im not feeling good and my poor brain is KAPLUNKED! So if im saying something someone else said then umm sorry!

Personally to me I find "Straight acting" guys more attractive.. And easier to get on with. (Im toning down the words as my spelling is terrible cant focus!). Camp guys I dont really have a problem with.. But it can get very annoying.

Effeminate gay guys to me is a step further than camp, and I have to admit I am in a way homophobic towards them.. I think "What the hell are you doing". Its nothing like personal, well kinda is :confused: Just it annoys me. I feel im gay and like guys, and thats what being gay is.. So why do gay guys act like women?! The whole point of being gay is to be with a guy not a woman!

I take my hat off to them as they are being themselves in most cases, and how can you hold anything against that. Just the ones which put it on, and become OTT, that annoys me a lot. FGS We are Gay! But just average people! In a way I feel they fuel homophobic behaviour.

Gah! Cry (Hope that makes sense)
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

It makes perfect sense hun, yep Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:It makes perfect sense hun, yep Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Thanks Rolleyes

I hate when my brain gets kaplunkified. Cry
[/COLOR]

Bless Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Bless Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

-Pounces in arms- :biggrin:
[/COLOR]

Hahaha

*gives Twazzle a cuddle and sets him down gently*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Hahaha

*gives Twazzle a cuddle and sets him down gently*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Aww how sweet Rolleyes
[/COLOR]

We aim to please Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:We aim to please Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
Oh really? Wink Any extras.. :biggrin:
[/COLOR]

I think Michael above makes some excellent points!

As a gay, masculine bear, sure I sometimes roll my eyes at the swishy, campy guys, but many of them are fun, very Out and Proud, and they are part of the gay community. Don't think that because you're more "macho" that the homophobes will give you a free pass.

It's interesting to note that --at least where I live -- I have never heard a masculine bear make a disparaging remark about a "queen" or "femme."

Some homosexual men refuse to identify as gay because they feel they don't fit the stereotype -- therefore they aren't "gay" -- but the truth is that the gay community is remarkably diverse. The more non-stereotypical gay men who come out the more likely it is for the world to see gay men in less stereotypical, more diverse terms.

If you're not attracted to effeminate gay men, that's one thing. But don't hate them or shun them -- they can be warm, fun, intelligent individuals whose gay pride may stimulate you.

Ys, I admit I do get tired sometimes of all these stereotypical gay men in the media advising straight women on their hair, clothes and make up -- as if we're all "accessories" or something -- and the old-fashioned gay image they perpetuate, but if you want everyone to know that there are many different kinds of gay men, then you have to come out and show 'em! Join a gay rugby team -- if you're into sports -- and show 'em how butch you are!