Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modesty.
Well there's decency of behavior, simplicity, chastity, and lack of vanity. I thought you meant lack of vanity.

Online you're selling yourself in a way simply by describing who you are. And you have the freedom to be bolder. So that makes it hard to be modest.

Thanks Mr tinkles I did mean that, i thought you wanted a deeper explanation lol thanks dvdbwn, that is my thoughts exactly, particularly in relation to being online and describing ourselves, but I spose we must

................^^

Oh shit, a paradox!

I don't seek adulation for the things that I do well, I am actually embarrassed when I get praised by my peers. I don't enjoy being the centre of attention in any shape or form, I don't even like the attention on my birthday.

I am competative, but I mainly compete with myself and what I have done in the past are yard sticks for what I am capable of doing and going beyond.

I know who I am, I know what I am capable of, I don't need confirmation from anyone else, I am proud of who I am and what I have done, in my life I AM number 1, and everyone and everything else is number 2 at best.

I am empathetic, but I don't give a shit about your problems until you are ready to do the work to fix, then I am right there standing next to you.

So yeah, by my definition of modest, I believe I am a very modest person and I admire and respect modesty in others...until the modesty gets to the point of arrogance Wink

i feel same, adulation can really throw you off track, esp if they praise you whilst doing the thing they praised you about, and birthdays! Christ! What scoundrel invented that one up lol

Well i Think i'm modest. I do public speaking and a newspaper wanted to interview me. My father said yes to them without asking me. had I known I would have turned the offer down. it's been 3 years now. Still have not read the article. My parents have several copies too, lol

Mick

Oh what, should post the article on GS, then you can sit back and be modest about it all :-)

I consider myself pretty modest. I never really show off achievements and I tend to just change the subject whenever a compliment hits me.

On the other hand I just said I'm modest, which might not be something an actually modest person would say. In other words: identity crisis :c

I really can't imagine why anyone would be interested in my views on this topic.