Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modesty.
cardiganwearer Wrote:I really can't imagine why anyone would be interested in my views on this topic.

your being modest arent you :-)

I'M TOTALLY MODEST!!!
LOOK AT ME TYPE IN YELLS :F

Mawhahaha now no one will really know if I'm modest or not Smile

SolemnBoy Wrote:I consider myself pretty modest. I never really show off achievements and I tend to just change the subject whenever a compliment hits me.

you should just take all the compliments you get. You only get compliments if you deserve them or if someone is hitting on you. Don't shut down compliments

Kiid Wrote:you should just take all the compliments you get. You only get compliments if you deserve them or if someone is hitting on you. Don't shut down compliments

I know it's pretty mean to not accept them but it's turned into a reflex by now. Working on it! Big Grin

(Although what you said is not true. A lot of compliments are very shallow and meant to portray the giver in a positive light).

Well when you are given compliments that you deserve accept them!

Okay, so modesty;

SolemnBoy Wrote:I know it's pretty mean to not accept them but it's turned into a reflex by now. Working on it! Big Grin

(Although what you said is not true. A lot of compliments are very shallow and meant to portray the giver in a positive light).

Yes know what you mean, sometimes a compliment can be embarrassing, and given in a crappy way, but not always, should know the difference, like if i complemented you, it would be something that genuinely impressed me and I'd more likely tell you alone, and would like, it to be accepted

One time i was told i looked really nice by this girl, and i laughed, yes laughed in her face, it was a knee jerk reaction and really childish, now if I recieve a genuine one I simply say, thank-you and try to change subject as quick as possible :-

I sometimes feel that there is little that I cannot achieve.

In the past I've improved organizational structure from the bottom up to make an organization work more efficiently.

Problem is, when you're the type of person who does what others only wish they had thought of it causes no small amount of resentment and dare I say, jealousy. Another problem I've found is that others will very happily take credit for my ideas, even those people who have tried to work against me.

However, I always try to remain modest, to involve others and have regard for the feelings of those already involved in what I'm about to change.

Undreamt Wrote:Okay, so modesty;

Yes...... is that all, or have you gone away to collect your thoughts?

I think I'm better than everyone else, but not good enough.