Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more gay men than 25 years ago
I am doing a survey and would like to hear your views:

Why do you think there are more gay men than there were 25/30 years ago.

There seems to be far more gay men around today than there were in the 1970's - why do you think it is?

Is it

a) There are no more gay men than previously, its just more acceptable to be out nowadays?
b) In the 1970's it was not acceptable to be gay, so most men repressed that side of there character and lived a straight lifestyle?
c) Its the Oestrogen in the water from the female pill. In areas like London where water is recycled at least 8 times are being drunk by pregnant women, which can potentially affect the male foetus's.
d) genetic (but why is it far more common now)
e) another reason

Thanks in advance

I would like to hear your views:

[COLOR="Purple"]um, can I ask why youre posting as anon?

Some believe that it is a balance... too many humans and more homos... I dont know. Dont think there are more just more open, for those with balls Lol2 Lol2 [/COLOR]

a) and b) are essentially the same and I believe to be the correct answer, or at the very least, a large part of it. The amount of oestrogen a pregnant woman might ingest from the water is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount she would be producing herself. As for d), as you point out genetics on its own cannot account for any changes in recent history.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I'll go with a) and b) too. That's how it has been for me. I'd like to believe in Frank's Gaia-ish idea, but I don't really ... I don't think Wink

marshlander Wrote:I'd like to believe in Frank's Gaia-ish idea, but I don't really ... I don't think Wink

and here I thought it was William S. Burrough-ish Bow

I'll go with a. and b. as well. Times are changing so are attitudes.

Anonymous Wrote:c) Its the Oestrogen in the water from the female pill. In areas like London where water is recycled at least 8 times are being drunk by pregnant women, which can potentially affect the male foetus's.

Where did that come from Confusedmile:

it seems people are coming to realize that the normalcy of heterosexuality is a lie and that we are normal :biggrin:

yero69 Wrote:it seems people are coming to realize that the normalcy of heterosexuality is a lie and that we are normal :biggrin:

Are you saying heterosexuality is not normal?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Are you saying heterosexuality is not normal?
Rofl There's always one ...