Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving my life, help me pick a place :D
well today i got a phone call from my boss today, while out with peter. last week i asked about transferring to a showroom in brighton, at the time he told me there wasnt anything in the vw group but he'll ask about, now i feel bad for asking to move cause his is an incredible boss. when he said he'd ask about i thought he just make a call or two but hes arranged a swap with somebody who whats to work at my garage from chandlers bmw, i went to see the manager who says hes heard good things about me, turns out him and my boss were school mates, and i start next monday so that means i get a week off for one hehe and it means that im gonna be a brighton boy :biggrin: and its time to stop living out of boxes, i cant explain how happy i am right now :biggrin:

so peter is going to show me round some property's his estate agent has (he might as well get the commission but i have had a cheeky look online and found a few i like so i want to show you a few and see which you think, i kinda have a favourite but i wont say til abit later :tongue:

flat 1 2 bedroom apartment to rent in West Street, BN1, BN1 this one is very modern which i love

flat 2 2 bedroom maisonette to rent in Sydney Street, BN1, BN1 this one looks a nice light space that i could make my own and its right in the heart of the town

flat 3 2 bedroom ground floor flat to rent in Leopold Road, BN1, BN1 this one looks cosy and again is right in the centre

flat 4 3 bedroom apartment to rent in Bedford Towers, Brighton, BN1 this one looks huge and on the sea front but its more than i paid in london

flat 5 2 bedroom flat to rent in First Avenue, Hove, BN3, BN3 this one just looks beautiful but its very big and a little bit out of the town. so tell me which you like and i now have a week to get sofa, tv, bed so on and so on, so a whole new start im scared excited and happy all in one lol

My boss arranged for me to swap with David Cameron but I said I don't like that Nick Clegg and anyway I can't find my Oyster Card so I didn't bother.

you really want to post your new address on the web?

simon Wrote:you really want to post your new address on the web?

haha thats a good point lol well i have loads more to look at, im just looking online and trying to get ideas and stuff.

You have got an amazing boss! You should seriously take him out for a drink at the end of your last day to say thanks.

I am really happy for you, Brighton Boy. Here is a bit of serious bit of advice for you. Have you thought about getting somewhere cheapish and save up for a deposit to buy somewhere of your own in a few years time? I reckon banks are going to want pretty significant deposits for mortgages for the foreseeable future. Obviously it means not living somewhere as nice but it would mean you get to stop paying your landlords mortgage sooner.

Since you asked for opinions, the last one is charming, the first is charmless; modern, comfy and practical I am sure but a bit clinical.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:You have got an amazing boss! You should seriously take him out for a drink at the end of your last day to say thanks.

I am really happy for you, Brighton Boy. Here is a bit of serious bit of advice for you. Have you thought about getting somewhere cheapish and save up for a deposit to buy somewhere of your own in a few years time? I reckon banks are going to want pretty significant deposits for mortgages for the foreseeable future. Obviously it means not living somewhere as nice but it would mean you get to stop paying your landlords mortgage sooner.

Since you asked for opinions, the last one is charming, the first is charmless; modern, comfy and practical I am sure but a bit clinical.

the first one i agree with you it is clinical but i do love modern styling, however the last one is my favourite but i also like flat 3 cause its fairly cheap and its the location i want.
i have already got my boss a nice bottle of wine, i've had some pretty shitty jobs with even shittier bosses but he was always amazing. and i have thought about getting on the property ladder and i have some savings but the way the property market is i get abit put off

You want to buy when the market is down, not when it is up. In any case it takes time to build up the kind of deposit the banks seem to want.
Fred

^^ duh! it doesn't take a wiz to know that. some people need to learn that the more you try to sound smart, the more retarded you look.

Good luck, ninja. It all sounds very exciting Smile

Virgin, unless you want me to post my thoughts on you, please refrain from posting yours on me. Thanks.
Fred