Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
music
princealbertofb Wrote:Does liking the Opera and being a disco bunny fit the stereotype?
LOL.
Don't EVEN bother to answer!!! :biggrin:

"DISCO BUNNY" Ok, whatever...

When I put all my CDs onto my computer then sorted by name I realized I was crazy about a few Bs: Bowie, Bjork, Brian (eno)... even Burroughs (William S.). But I like a touch of nearly everything from country to opera to club beats...

and I am another Madonna hater (not really hater but just dont care) and didnt care for Boy George until he changed his name to Jesus Loves Me Grlaugh

fjp999 Wrote:"DISCO BUNNY" Ok, whatever...

When I put all my CDs onto my computer then sorted by name I realized I was crazy about a few Bs: Bowie, Bjork, Brian (eno)... even Burroughs (William S.). But I like a touch of nearly everything from country to opera to club beats...

and I am another Madonna hater (not really hater but just dont care) and didnt care for Boy George until he changed his name to Jesus Loves Me Grlaugh

B is a popular letter for names of groups to start with...
I also think M is another one.
But one that isn't so popular is W.

Does anyone think I get paid to do this (subliminal publicity) ?

erm...

So I quite like opera... gays are supposed to like opera aren't they?

Yes? Good. I'll carry on then.

Wilem Wrote:erm...

So I quite like opera... gays are supposed to like opera aren't they?

Yes? Good. I'll carry on then.

Yes, Wilem, you are perfectly entitled.... Which one is your favourite? I think you may have told us but my memory is flaking. I just bought a special opera offer from my favourite tv guide and the nine operas that came in the deal are:

CARMEN (Bizet) (Which I've sung in)
LA TRAVIATA (Verdi) (Which I've sung in)
LA BOHEME (Puccini)
FIDELIO (Beethoven)
EUGENE ONEGUIN (Tchaikovsky) (Which I've sung in, in Russian, please!)
(YEVGUENI ANIEGIN, it's pronounced -- Lynx will confirm.)
RINALDO (Haendel)
TRISTAN & ISOLDE (Wagner)
FAUST (Gounod)
ORPHEUS & EURYDICE (Glück)

malcs Wrote:Love scisser sisters quite like some of Rihanna(sp?) The feeling, fratelies, Greenday, Girls aloud Just a bit of everything I suppose but my all time fav album in the world is Melanic C Beautiful Intentions Ive seen her live solo 8 or 9 times and twice with the Spice girls at the O2 on the reunion tour

The Fratellis are simply one of the BEST bands I've seen live! Confusedmile:
Absolutely fantastic!

I listen to mostly rock/metal/indie.
Things like: billy talent, daughtry, bryan adams, bon jovi, muse, placebo, the fratellis, my chemical romance, arctic monkeys, blink, lifehouse, our lady peace, simple plan... there's also some german rock/mainstream in there in Die Toten Hosen, Die Artzte, Etwas and Rammstein who are also fantastic. And The Wise Guys too! Loving em. But then into lots of mainstream stuff like girls aloud, avril, sugababes, savage garden, newton faulkner, mika, michael buble, lily allen etc. etc.

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, Wilem, you are perfectly entitled.... Which one is your favourite? I think you may have told us but my memory is flaking. I just bought a special opera offer from my favourite tv guide and the nine operas that came in the deal are:

LA BOHEME (Puccini)
FIDELIO (Beethoven)
RINALDO (Haendel)
FAUST (Gounod)

That is soooo cool that you can sing in an opera. Everything I have heard from Puccini really hits me hard so he is my crazy fav... I am sure that it also has something to do with the performers.

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, Wilem, you are perfectly entitled.... Which one is your favourite? I think you may have told us but my memory is flaking. I just bought a special opera offer from my favourite tv guide and the nine operas that came in the deal are:

LA BOHEME (Puccini)
FIDELIO (Beethoven)
RINALDO (Haendel)
FAUST (Gounod)
You got NINE FULL OPERAS? Worrrr.

And Carmen is one of my favourites. I REALLY love Dido and Aeneas (Dildo and anus), mainly becuase "When I Am Laid In Earth" makes me cry, I'm playing the harpsichord part in a forthcoming performance of aforementioned aria, AND it's in english so its very easy to empathise with.

Edit: PLUS there's a wierd sailor / olde style cockney accent movement!!

:biggrin:

Eeeee I'm gunna put it on! Right NOW!

#prances off to get headphones.#

Oh and I love lots of Quasi-operatic stuff also. Verdi's Requiem, Carmina Burana and the like.

And I love very different music - smooth jazz, lounge, russian rock, soundtracks, eurodance and even old electric Hard Core ))
Sorry but I really do not love Classic - it's boring for me... I do not why but it is ((

I listen to all sorts... but I did grow up on Motown... and in particular.. Diana Ross! Which would certainly fit the stereotype!!! lol

Also like Madonna and Kylies older stuff.

Other stuff I listen to... most 60s music / Meat Loaf / My Chemical Romance / Evanescence / Avril Lavigne / Anastacia / Fountains of Wayne / Green Day / Eminem / Paulo Nutini / anything on the Power Ballads and NOW Albums.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Diana Ross!

Tuut
stereotype party!

I'll bring my Weather Girls CD.