Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my christmas present to myself this year
i just discovered this:

drone

drone.2

I AM GETTING IT! highly excited about this thing! HD video recording, plus flight data recording! how the hell did i miss this thing is the only thing i'm wondering about. it's gonna be my present to myself this christmas. i can't wait for it to arrive.

i am so glad i'm living in the 21st century where we have these amazing technological means and opportunities at our hand on a daily basis. this is amazing! i love life.

Controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices

interesting

meridannight Wrote:i just discovered this:

drone

drone.2

I AM GETTING IT! highly excited about this thing! HD video recording, plus flight data recording! how the hell did i miss this thing is the only thing i'm wondering about. it's gonna be my present to myself this christmas. i can't wait for it to arrive.

i am so glad i'm living in the 21st century where we have these amazing technological means and opportunities at our hand on a daily basis. this is amazing! i love life.

Do you know how to pilot it?

It's pretty hard…but pretty cool too Smile
(I broke one myself :/)

bluerealm Wrote:Controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices

interesting

i think so too. although i see iPad as the most optimal option. iPad plus nVidia Shield (nVidia shield controller would make for a more immediate experience and it is said to be more responsive with that too). i think iPhone screens are too small for such interface.

and, what's more, it doesn't need wifi network to be present in order to connect with an iPad. the droid creates its own wifi hotspot that automatically connects to your iPad. that is ingenious. it's fully isolated like that.

i already have several ideas that i want to do with this thing.

Ekwarph Wrote:Do you know how to pilot it?

It's pretty hard…but pretty cool too Smile
(I broke one myself :/)

i've piloted real airplanes. how hard can this one be. (joke, i know it's not the same).

i don't have experience with this, but that's not going to deter me. i'll get the hang of it.

do you have experience with this exact model? how did it break? and what is the picture quality like? i've heard some people complain the picture can be jittery. (although the software used to run it has a director mode available in the app store, that's supposed to make it run smooth, and the person who complained of the jitter didn't have that).

meridannight Wrote:i've piloted real airplanes. how hard can this one be. (joke, i know it's not the same).

i don't have experience with this, but that's not going to deter me. i'll get the hang of it.

do you have experience with this exact model? how did it break? and what is the picture quality like? i've heard some people complain the picture can be jittery. (although the software used to run it has a director more available in the app store, that's supposed to make it run smooth, and the person who complained of the jitter didn't have that).

No, it was a quadricopter, but I don't remember the exact model. It ended up in a lake Big Grin

I have seen some who piloted this one. I don't think they had any cameras but…anyway…didn't seem so hard, but not so obvious for the fully beginner I was.

It will help you your piloting experience, I guess. Wink

Ah.. How peeping is made easier with drones.. Eh? :p

Cool gift! Xyxthumbs

If it had a loud-speaker attachment,,,, I would use it to annoy my neighbors!!!! (pick up those leaves, don't walk past that weed dammit, bend over and pull it up)

Oh the possibilities...(smile)
We Have Elvis !!

I'm getting myself a nice terry cloth robe so that I can flash the UPS guy.
I bid NO Trump!

We've decided that a drone would be great fun to have around the house and to see what is happening with the cats while we're away.