Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my parents kicked me out of the house
Hello my name is George im from Greece i have relationship with a guy for 4 years now and im very happy..recently i took the decition to tell my parents that im Gay and i have a relationship...They din't take so good so my father kicked me out he said that there is no place in the house for a gay like me... :/ i moved to my boyfriend's house now but im so desperate i dont know what to do...

Use this time to really connect with your man, Fuck what you're father has to say about you and your happiness. If you and your boyfriend can make it together just the two of you then go from there. Maybe one day you family will see the error of their ways
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I wish it was that easy to say fuck them..its my parents.i love them all i wanted is to share my happiness with them

find a job and get paid! lol ...

i wish it was that easy to forget everything and move forward..They are my family and I love them...They idea of not speaking again with them really hearts..

Hi george. Can I ask what your long term plans were? Were you planning to move in with this guy anyway? Do your family know this guy ? Did they just think he was one of your friends?

You have taken a step that you felt you needed to take to be honest with the world and those you love? Not everything in life goes as we planned and even less frequently goes as we wish. In all likelihood after the shock wears off and prespective takes over there will be oppertunity for reconciliation. But as everone here who has come out will tell you there are no guarantees you have to be prepared that some will not accept you.. its not right & its not fair but somtimes that is what happens. However what you have done its what you needed to do to secure you own future happiness. You need to be who you are and this is who you are! At your age is when a lot of lads start familly of there own and that is exactly what you are doing its just some people struggle with the concept that 2 men can be a family. Its not you who need to go back to you birth family but them who need to come to your new one. This is where your future lays. Not in the past. But let them know the door is open. Id bet given time most if not all will come arround. There is a saying prepair for the worst and pray for the best! Usually reality is somewhere in between. You have a man who loves you a roof over your head and a future filled with possibilities. I hope everything workes out for you but you a going to have to give it a little time. good luck

A sad situation indeed. The first thing you must do is to work and support yourself. Then you must give your family time. They must deal with something very new to them. Only time can sort this. As you wait for them, you will have a lot of thinking to do and a lot of time to do it in.
I bid NO Trump!

Yassou Giorgos, sorry for father reacted in that way. It's important to remember, that it really was just a reaction, and long term, things could get much better.

On one level, you should thank your father for opening the door to a new chapter in your life, where you are independent and able to provide for yourself. Take the steps necessary to make that a reality.

Then, you must strive to forgive your father, not for him, but for yourself. You do not want to carry around any ill feeling within yourself.

Keep in touch with your family, even if it is just the occasional letter or visit. They need to see that you are at peace with yourself, that you are creating a happy life for yourself.

You are lucky to have a long term boyfriend that you were able to move in with. Many guys are not that fortunate. Build something great with him.

Wishing you strength in this trying time in your life.

I'm so sorry to hear this is the way things have turned out George. I echo what the others have said here, emotions and feelings at the moment are very raw, time is definitely needed. Best of luck with everything, and don't be afraid to to lean on the shoulder of your boyfriend a bit as you go through this, you have been with him for 4 years, meaning you really must have a good thing going with him. It may not feel like it now, but you can get through this Smile

I was unfortunate enough to find myself in a very similar situation. Things got so bad that I couldn't stay at home so my bf offered me to stay at his for a few days until it all blew over. Me & my family argued for weeks after this and in the end I stopped talking to them completely for about 5 months.After which time my family were begging me to come back home, it was too late I had already gotten myself a job and had started a new life with my bf.. we began to "rebuild" our family relationship. 3 years later I am still living with my boyfriend, in our own house now Smileand things couldn't be any better with my family... also, they ADORE my boyfriend. They see how happy I am, how well I am doing for myself & how I have changed for the better !