Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my parents kicked me out of the house
shyl4l Wrote:Hi george. Can I ask what your long term plans were? Were you planning to move in with this guy anyway? Do your family know this guy ? Did they just think he was one of your friends?

You have taken a step that you felt you needed to take to be honest with the world and those you love? Not everything in life goes as we planned and even less frequently goes as we wish. In all likelihood after the shock wears off and prespective takes over there will be oppertunity for reconciliation. But as everone here who has come out will tell you there are no guarantees you have to be prepared that some will not accept you.. its not right & its not fair but somtimes that is what happens. However what you have done its what you needed to do to secure you own future happiness. You need to be who you are and this is who you are! At your age is when a lot of lads start familly of there own and that is exactly what you are doing its just some people struggle with the concept that 2 men can be a family. Its not you who need to go back to you birth family but them who need to come to your new one. This is where your future lays. Not in the past. But let them know the door is open. Id bet given time most if not all will come arround. There is a saying prepair for the worst and pray for the best! Usually reality is somewhere in between. You have a man who loves you a roof over your head and a future filled with possibilities. I hope everything workes out for you but you a going to have to give it a little time. good luck
Thanks for paying attention to my story..My boyfriend who is Half American half greek suggested that the best thing for us is to move away from this country and go to the states to start our life againg from the beggining.But im really so depressed and comfused with the hole situation that really makes me feel horrible..Where are we going?how we gonna start again a new life at a new country without nothing?The truth is that this country(greece)pissed me off everyone is closed mind,,i want to open my wings and fly with my boyfriend on his side..

Hi George, thank you for reaching out for advice, oftentimes when we really need it people let pride get in the way. I will likely repeat what has already been said, but you need to focus on your life right now which means getting a job for yourself and pursuing the relationship that will make you happy. Sadly, there are many outside influences that cause families to disown their own, and this really comes out of ignorance. Maybe one day your family will come around, I don't want to promise anything, but it is becoming more accepted worldwide. Last thing about coming to the states, that is something you need to figure out if it's to your financial advantage to do and nothing more. I don't think it's something you should do to get away from your family because that will not help you work out your feelings. In all likelihood, if you have some sort of job lined up for you here in the states it will benefit you, at least in the short term. As I understand it, Greece is still suffering economically with high rates of unemployment.

georgekvd Wrote:Thanks for paying attention to my story..My boyfriend who is Half American half greek suggested that the best thing for us is to move away from this country and go to the states to start our life againg from the beggining.But im really so depressed and comfused with the hole situation that really makes me feel horrible..Where are we going?how we gonna start again a new life at a new country without nothing?The truth is that this country(greece)pissed me off everyone is closed mind,,i want to open my wings and fly with my boyfriend on his side..
I do agree a new star in a new more enlightened country would be a possative move for the future but if you just pick up and leave imediatly without atleast trying to reconcile then i think it will play on your mind and you will struggle to settle. You have issues you need to deal with before you leave or it could end up comming between you as over time you my transfer the blame that lays with you family onto your boyfriend purely because it was escaped at your boyfriends surgestion and with his help. Your longing for you family and being homesick can play games with your head . Your boyfriend obviously loves you and is trying to protect you but you need to give them a chance first. And then eitherway get the hell out of Greece and get you ass to America. You will have more prospects there. 😊

Sorry that you have to experience this rejection from your family George. It would be unfair for you to have to live a life that isn't authentic so coming out was a courageous decision. I applaud you!

All you can do is live the best life you can, for YOU and not for your family. You are responsible for your own happiness and I think you've taken the right steps towards that happiness. It's now up to you to set boundaries with your family to protect yourself. There is nothing wrong with telling them that if they can't share in your life wholly and unconditionally then your time with them will be limited. You absolutely do not need to subject yourself to more hurtful reactions.

Keep in mind, it took you however long to come out and tell them truly who you are, it will take them time to process this and come to terms their own way. Maybe they'll come around and be supportive of their son, maybe they won't. But that is THEIR problem and THEIR issue, definitely NOT YOURS.

Stay strong George and continue to live your life!