Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
google chrome help!
well to make a long story short, i tried disabling certain plug-in's in chrome so that youtube videos and webpages would load more smoothly and quickly. Although i'm pretty sure that problem is fixed a new one poped up where chrome won't run/start/open after exiting unless i reinstall it or log off my pc account and log back on again. So can any one here help me find a solution( besides using a different browser), i tried taskmanager, turning off Firewalls etc. but so far none of those are working, so please help.

new discovery, I found out that chrome won't open after every time I clear out my history, cookies and cache(as far I can tell) just wanted to add this tidbit of info incase it's helpful

Not sure on that one, I'll ask my techie friends, I kinda like firefox, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Try downloading the software for Google chrome and running it and see if it says 'fix' instead of install. Many programs detect when a version of the product is installed and intuitively asks if you want to 'fix' the program.

I don't use chrome myself, do you know where the file is for the program? If so, you can make a copy of your settings (links, address book, addons, etc) and move that copy to your 'My Documents', then try uninstalling and reinstalling.

When uninstalling say yes to having everything uninstalled, including addons and the like.

One thing you may want to seriously do is get Ccleaner (its free) and run that after you uninstall Chrome. you will want to scan and clean the registry, this will get rid of any and all left over data from programs you have installed and uninstalled. For instance Windows Updates leaves a lot of extra bits of data after updating crap.

Once you uninstall and run CCcleaner, check your program files to see if Chrome left anything. If it has, you will need to move it to 'My Documents'. Restart your computer and see if anything else gets upset from that move. If anything else is upset, then you need to move that folder back and hope that whatever bug is in the program ain't in that folder.

If there is a folder, it should have stuff that you can delete, but its always best to test beforehand.

Install Chrome Fresh and see if it runs. WITHOUT addons, without your old data files.

If it does run, then you can move your passwords, links and similar data back to the Chrome File. Do that a little at a time, and run the app to see if its still functioning, if there is anything in your passwords or links causing and issue you can narrow it down.

DO NOT move your addons back in, instead go through your list and install fresh. This time carefully read what the directions say and 'test' after each new addon is installed. If ANYTHING happens to chrome, slow down, hesitation, anything after installing a new addon then most likely you need to not have that addon.

If it is NOT running, then I strongly suggest you use another browser and go to Housecall and run a malware scan. There are various adware and malicious softwares that are known to cause browsers to do all sorts of naughty things, Housecall is a very good online scanner and cleaner for nearly everything.