Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help understanding my feeling towards the subject
Churches:

Gay affirming church finder/list: http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/f...church.htm

As a matter of note. If you think you can't be a Follower of Christ and a homosexual at the same time - well get that thought out of your head. I for one am a Gay Christian. I am not affiliated with a church (as in I don't go to any) but then I have a long history of being a heretic with Organized Religion.

There are groups out there For Gay Christians:

http://gaychristian.net/ is just one of many.

Google 'Gay Christian' and see what you get.

There are also Gay Jews, Gay Muslims - well you name the religion and there are gay counterparts.

I think u should stay quiet at your church b/c what if something really bad happen to u (abuse, hang, shoot,...)

some old people is very very religious. I know it's hard to stay quiet but u still have someone who understand u. :biggrin: Everything's gonna be find

you forget your in Boise Idaho. I dont see how this is necessary or how it works in your best interest. I really think your wasting your time and or you have too much spare time and want the drama. Find another more progressive church that is ok with a gay in the congregation. You would get the supportive good will of the members.

but with the church thing:
-find someone in the same church, not totally vested and you can trust. Confide in them first and see how it goes. If all is good ... your going to do it; find another person, the local church gossip and tell him her your gay. Sit back and let the word gently slowly get around. Act as if nothing happened. Talk to the initial first trusted person to see how the church is taking the rumor/confession/truth.

You just kinda know. With my mom the last person to tell, I just knew when she started asking me questions about being gay as apparantly someone had told my father that I was (Still have no idea) and I took it as an opportunity to finally leave the closet.

I wish I could be that strong, Bowyn Aerrow.

Lee, I hope things will be fine for you no matter which path you'll decide to take.

Lee,

I'm not 100% clear about some things you are saying. Is your church the core issue here? Do you still attend this church? Is the church clearly heterosexist? (google this word if you don't know it.) Or is the topic more about your learning to be more visible with your friends, generally. Or both?

Ok I guess saying ammo is a strong word to use,and a short way of saying it but I'm a person that studies things and when I get information and make my decisions based on what I read. So when I said ammo i met that if anyone brought up the gays bashing vs., which I'm sure they will I can bring up other vs as well to combat. Do I expect to win, no, but I have said my peace. I'm at the point that I can't live 2 lives anymore and be scared of what is going to happen if I turn this corner or turn that corner. I want to have fun and I want to support the gay community. Sorry if I relayed a different message then my first at tent.

JRiver
The issue is that I can't stand holding a secret, I feel that ever time I'm around people that I know I can't be myself and I'm tired of living a lie. So if I had to leave the church which is a good chance that I will(99.8%) I do have 2 possible other church that I'm going to check out one is with a new friend of mine and the other is just a new church that is totally gay sort of speck for what I have heard. So I have not closed any door on church life.

The whole think is is I'm going to have to explain one why or another whats going on.

Hey, I just have a good iead for u

Why dont u creat a new thought about your life.

I mean confess to the church is dangerous and it stress u too much by not to telling the truth.

Here is how I solve the problem, I know this is weird but try to create your OWN perfect world in your imagination and tell someone about it (I want to be the first one to listen to your story) [try to be creative and expressive all of everything u wanna say, your feeling, words,...]. This way, you will find empathy and lessen your stress a lot. :biggrin:

Again, I know it is weird so try not to jugde me on my idea. thanks :biggrin:

minhthien94 Wrote:Hey, I just have a good iead for u

Why dont u creat a new thought about your life.

I mean confess to the church is dangerous and it stress u too much by not to telling the truth.

Here is how I solve the problem, I know this is weird but try to create your OWN perfect world in your imagination and tell someone about it (I want to be the first one to listen to your story) [try to be creative and expressive all of everything u wanna say, your feeling, words,...]. This way, you will find empathy and lessen your stress a lot. :biggrin:

Again, I know it is weird so try not to jugde me on my idea. thanks :biggrin:

I'm not really sure how to respond to this.

I'm not out to get the church that I belong to, they are like family to me and have been there for me even though they really don't know why I feel the way I do at time. The fact is they have blessed me so much I can't even count the numbers anymore. The problem is it ways heavy on my heart and deep down I feel they need to know the truth about me even to the point that I might even not even be welcomed any more. One reason that it bothers me is that recently when one of the church members get to preach they have been bashing gays and I get very steamed about the whole thing, but I can't call it out without the fear of me loosing lots of good friend. This bashing does not happen all the time just once in a while, but its enough to get me steamed.

I have no clue what you think of Idaho but churches are not dangerous in this area, and for me to get stressed out well that close to impossible. So over all do I rick staying silent even though it is against my better judgment and live 2 different lives and risk the fact that someone might accidentally see me do something that I do not want them to know about, or do I just get it out in the open and let the cards fall as they may and move on to the new life that is open and free.

So no I'm not going to bash the church that I love and the people that I care about even if they don't see it my way, but we all know that I can talk til I'm blue in the face and use bible vs and history to prove my point(ammo) but that will not change their mind. But then again you never know I might just open some eye and they might see gays in a different light.