Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Marijuana Laws
Colorado and the state of Washington have make pot legal by popular vote. Only at the state level so expect some protest from the federal DEA. Probably not; but may force some re tooling in congressOink

The SCOTUS will probably have something to say about this some time soon. In the mean time I've smoked my first bowl in months right here in totally non-legalizing South Cackalacky. *puff puff...pass*

I'm coming over for a field trip!!!

I hope this goes through, it would be less people in jail for weed and the government can tax it. Plus it's not anymore harmful than alcohol.

If it works out like Amsterdam then the states can expect a lot of revenue from both tourists and taxes...but at the same time some people who come to get high without worrying too much about the cops can get a tad annoying...and Americans are more likely to drive than in Amsterdam (I understand the stoners who don't live in Amsterdam tend to come & go by train) which can suck, but then traffic tends to have a lot of idiot drivers anyway so maybe no one will notice.

I loved reading about an experience of Robert Anton Wilson at Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam. I think my favorite part was where a waitress came who had obviously been sampling the product and no one could remember if they'd already paid or not and had one of those long conversations the stoned seem to have where they keep forgetting what they'd been talking about...and she just told them to forget it, she'll assume they had...Roflmao

But I'm glad for CO & WA...I've long thought about moving to WA before, I like their general attitude.

I sincerely hope this will help keep people off the hard drugs.
I think the more you prohibit the faster people want it , at least this way people can do t in their own home.

CO already has legalized "medical marijuana" for a few years...
Will be interesting to see how the new laws all works out..If the feds decide to crack down on it /etc
I personally am undecided as to how I feel about pot (I'm against smoking <anything> but really don't have a problem with marijuana if eaten, ir taken or in pill form) ... as long as the user isn't driving/etc

I would love to move my erotica book shop to CO from NYC. I could turn it into a book cafe with hookahs and pot Big Grin

I'm also undecided about the whole thing... mostly I don't/didn't mind either way! but I like the idea of it being taxed

Goodie; Wrote:but I like the idea of it being taxed
Same here, to me that is a good part of it Smile just like like taxes on alcohol/cigarettes/etc

Some of that tax money will go towards schools which I see as both good and bad LOL
Bad: You're funding schools with "drug money"
Good: It is still additional revenue for them