Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new here and curious
hey everyone...this is difficult for me as i have always been brought up in a straight lifestyle. i have a loving and understanding wife, and a beautiful 5yr old son. last week i went to a drag show and hung out at a couple gay clubs with my wife and a friend and his gf. i was extremely comfortable the whole night. i had always been kind of a homophobe, but throughout the night my questions that i had growing up began showing up again. am i gay? am i bi? i have been drawn to guys, and have acted on it a couple times but nothing really clicked. that may be due the the way that i have been brought up.
i found out that my friend that went with us feels the same way (although i havent talked to him about it yet) anyways, im here to learn more and answer the questions that i have. sorry for the grammer as i have never been good with words!

it can be difficult at times especially if you have a wife and a family and all that. but that doesnt mean your "straight". tons of gay people lie to themselves for years than come to the realization that they are actually gay and are miserable. I hope you can find the inner peace and be true to yourself.
Welcome to gayspeak.

hi and welcome to GS mate , you obviously love your wife and son i can read that in your post - seeing someone as attractive because that person is male does not mean your gay mate - look at the amount of people who look at body builders etc ,,most are male but not gay, it says your 28 ! if you had thoughts that u were gay for early teen years then maybe but id go for bi as you have a family - be bi mate and look - nothing wrong with that

i have felt like this for a while. it just got stronger recently. i have been with a guy a couple time unsuccessfully in the past (highschool)

Welcome.

If you want me to label you, fine. Your Crackerjack.

Feel better?

When it comes to sexuality who and what you are is up to you to decide when it comes to labels.

Just because you felt comfortable at a drag show and hanging out in a gay bar doesn't make any real dent in if you are or are not gay/bi/straight/crackerjack.

I can't see into your head, I can't feel what you are feeling. I do not know your needs hell I do not even know how you define 'bi' and 'gay' and 'straight'.

If its all about sex and just sex to you then you are sexual - no homo, hetero, bi, crackerjack at the front. If there are deeper emotions, intimacy, companionship, blah playing then you can start thinking in terms of bi, gay, straight, blah.

Hi welcome to gayspeak.
It seems you have some attraction towards guys, but that doesnt mean you are gay, you might be bi.
The question is how bi you are, dont know if you heard about the Kinsey scale, you can find it on wikipedia, hope this is useful. Smile

im not looking for a label. i could care less if im called "bi, gay, or straight" (what is crackerjack? never heard of it)

im just looking to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life...

if you want to be with your wife and kid at the end of the evening then your ok mate .. nothing wrong with be curious at all....its who you want to go home to at the end of the day i think that matters... i doubt that helps you much if your struggling with different emotions but at least you'v come on here to find some answers - i hope members can help you mate

wakeboarder Wrote:im not looking for a label. i could care less if im called "bi, gay, or straight" (what is crackerjack? never heard of it)

im just looking to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life...

Crackerjack, comes in a box, a mix of caramel, peanuts and popcorn. USED to come with decent toys, now comes with crap.

My use was to pick something totally asexual to drive a point home. What was that point... honestly I have forgotten, my pain pills are kicking in.

Hello and welcome to Gayspeak

The only way to be comfortable in your own skin is to find yourself, whatever that may be, and once you do, accept and love yourself. Confusedmile: