Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new prop8 decision today
a CA NAmerican issue
An appeals court on the federal level will say if it will hear prop8 arguments or not.

If not the issue could go the national supreme court.

If none of the above (both appeals and the supreme court refuse to hear arguments ) the previous appeals court decision will stand and prop8 is un constitutional.

I'd like to say; I've got "8's" in my Fruit Loops, so I'd like to think that's a good sign Wink .

well good or bad the decision isss....
"The three-year legal showdown over California's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court."

read an article it was a wast of time for opponents of same sex marriage in CA to go to the same court and ask it to reverse its thinking. I hope the supreme court is of the same thinking and refuses to hear it too, let the original opinion stand, allow same sex marriage in CA.

the greater issue is it is discriminating to those married in states allowing same sex marriage. Those couples dont have the federal benefits straight married couples have.

pellaz Wrote:I hope the supreme court is of the same thinking and refuses to hear it too, let the original opinion stand, allow same sex marriage in CA.

The Supreme Court would hardly be 'allowing' same-sex marriage. It would be finding that the Ninth Circuit Appeals Court's judgement was sound, in mandating that the State of California recognise same-sex marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

By opposing they make a good case for the emotional aspect of the issue. A legal stance will eventually be found to allow Gay Marriage.

California is a state divided. While most people outside of the state think we are all opened minded liberals, the reality is that outside of the Coastal Cities, L.A., San Francisco and Sacramento you have more moderates and that slowly becomes staunch conservative the further east you go.

While the Coast pretty much embraces homosexuality and the idea of liberty and freedom for all, further east we have more traditional 'family based' values. Gay Marriage is not the only clashing point for Californians, there are many other points.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:By opposing they make a good case for the emotional aspect of the issue. A legal stance will eventually be found to allow Gay Marriage.

California is a state divided. While most people outside of the state think we are all opened minded liberals, the reality is that outside of the Coastal Cities, L.A., San Francisco and Sacramento you have more moderates and that slowly becomes staunch conservative the further east you go.

While the Coast pretty much embraces homosexuality and the idea of liberty and freedom for all, further east we have more traditional 'family based' values. Gay Marriage is not the only clashing point for Californians, there are many other points.

So i hear.
It's quite funny to see a conservative smear the whole state saying how liberal(well, it's a smear in US conservative circles at least.:tongueSmile it is; when i've never seen it as such.
Anybody who actually takes note of election results sees a very different California.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

There were these fundies where I used to live (California) who gave me (and the kids I help take care) a hard time and if it hadn't been for a lawyer I think we would've wound up on the streets because of all the crap they pulled (my then 12-year-old had some sharp words for a preacher's daughter over the preacher trying to get her mom fired and us evicted as being because they were supposedly concerned over our children's welfare).

So when passing some of the neighbors (including the woman who gave my then 12-year-old girl a pamphlet on why the Bible obligates Christians to hate gays for her to read before giving to me and her mom, though my girl was 13 by then) immediately after the 2010 World Series I put my hand in the air and danced a jig like a Pentecostal (having grown up in the East Texas Bible Belt I do know what that looks like) shouting, "God loves gays! God loves hippies! God loves San Francisco! THE GIANTS WON OVER TEXAS!"

Well aren't they the ones who keep saying God should be thanked for everything? :tongue:

I repeated that to a liberal friend and she snarked, "Obviously Satan intervened on that one." Roflmao

And I just came across this vid (made by the same people who did the U-Haul video), too:

Pix Wrote:There were these fundies where I used to live (California) who gave me (and the kids I help take care) a hard time and if it hadn't been for a lawyer I think we would've wound up on the streets because of all the crap they pulled (my then 12-year-old had some sharp words for a preacher's daughter over the preacher trying to get her mom fired and us evicted as being because they were supposedly concerned over our children's welfare).

So when passing some of the neighbors (including the woman who gave my then 12-year-old girl a pamphlet on why the Bible obligates Christians to hate gays for her to read before giving to me and her mom, though my girl was 13 by then) immediately after the 2010 World Series I put my hand in the air and danced a jig like a Pentecostal (having grown up in the East Texas Bible Belt I do know what that looks like) shouting, "God loves gays! God loves hippies! God loves San Francisco! THE GIANTS WON OVER TEXAS!"

Well aren't they the ones who keep saying God should be thanked for everything? :tongue:

I repeated that to a liberal friend and she snarked, "Obviously Satan intervened on that one." Roflmao

I don't get the "Christian" people who are suppose to spread peace an love but instead spread hate for a small percentage of the population who supposedly has a mission in progress to rule the entire world. but it's starting to sound like the arguments on prop 8 are less about gay marriage and more about the governments ability to take away voter rights.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:I don't get the "Christian" people who are suppose to spread peace an love but instead spread hate for a small percentage of the population who supposedly has a mission in progress to rule the entire world. but it's starting to sound like the arguments on prop 8 are less about gay marriage and more about the governments ability to take away voter rights.

People follow the Church blindly.

I was just such a man long long ago. I had great faith in the Church.

In seminary I came to learn that Doctrine - which is written by men of 'authority' who tell us how to interpret scripture in the Church Approved manner is purposefully passed off as 'The Word of God'.

The bible from where a lot of strange notions come from has been purposefully and accidentally rewritten, has translation errors and transcript errors and is a thin shadow of officially selected writings out of over 600 sacred texts that early - Pre-Romanized Christian Church - Christians held as 100% truth and Word of God.

During the Reformation Process many Christian Sects were targeted and books were burnt. The Gnostics are just one such group.

From about 400 AD until Protestants started breaking off - The Church held absolute power as a political power. To maintain their grasp they banned and outlawed a lot by making minor adjustments to the Latin Vulgate - which is where most English Translations are translated from.

Protestant off shoots may have started off with pure intentions, but lets face it, religious belief leads to wealth and power. Thus armed with a corrupt version of the Bible (a mere shadow of truth) and with high plans to use religion to control the masses each off shoot carries on with promoting certain 'truths' which are lies.

Modern Christians are actually victims of blind faith in a Church which they mistake to be a Faith in God.

It is real easy to get God and Church confused - especially since the Churches have been fine tuning the brainwashing into believing that Church = God for some 2000 years.

Homosexuals are only the last minority that the Church can use as a weapon. They used the Jews for centuries, Blacks and slavery, and even used the bible to uphold the notion that mixing of the races was a sin. Those passed (mostly) and anti-homosexuality will, eventually, pass into history... someday.