Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no. name. face.
OlderButWiser Wrote:Well, lets start by saying you have a face and a name, and you can share both or either on here without fear of anyone taking offence or thinking of you as pathetic in any way what so everSmile

We are a very mixed bunch in here, but the focus is on friendly advice, usually based on our personal experiences.

You might feel like your the only gay in the kind of situation you find yourself in right now. Well your not and you've come to exactly the right place to get advice on how to deal with things on a practical and emotional level.

So stop thinking of yourself as some pathetic faceless individual. You're not. Your you, and your welcome to the GS forum.

Mexicanwave

ObW
x
I will at some point I guess. I think initially I was worried about people I know finding me here, though I doubt it's likely. I'm going to be honest and open here, so you all will definitely get to see both. Now I kinda want to change this stupid screen name...thanks very much for the welcome!

nonameface Wrote:Life's a bitch, but I'm still smiling, so that counts for something, right?

The important thing here is that YOU are taking control of your life, you have plan and you're trying to execute on that.

Good to hear as I read too many storied of guys wallowing in their own self pity expecting everything to be handed to them on a plate.

Well done you Smile

ClapClapClap

ObW
x

Uh oh...mormonism...lol. that's on some other shit. haha! Seriously, though I am worried about how telling my mother is going to affect our relationship. She's literally, and most likely the only person on the planet that actually loves me (which is not to say that I don't have a few friends that do care, but they have lives and issues of their own, and it's just not the same. Not even on a "BFF" level (I cant think of another term, but that one wasn't accurate. Oh well.) I am learning more and more about myself each day. And I certainly hope I'm not going to hell...as much as I want to just "Fuck Jesus, Fuck God, this is all bullshit"...I been too heavily brainwashed that they...or at least God exists and that I'm really fucking up right now. I guess I'll eventually find out.

Note to self: don't drop the f bomb too much, or you will need a moderator to approve a comment you needed to edit anyway. lol.

LostAndSound Wrote:Welcome to GS! Biggrina

You should share some of your music in the musicians section!

Hope you find the site a good outlet for your emotions and stress bombs. Wink
Will do! Music is definitely my passion.

wow another gay adventist....having been raised adventist my entire life I know how this can be scary.

Welcome to the forum.

Nick9 Wrote:Hi and welcome to the GS Smile

Have you thought about moving to another city? Maybe not permanently, but for a seasonal job?
For a seasonal job? I dunno...that doesn't seem super practical...but it does seem exciting. I just want to get away.

Geminize Wrote:Ditto everything ObW said. You have a name, a face, and a life that can get better. You are in a tough situation if your mother is financially dependent on you, but at your age I think you need to balance your needs with your sense of obligation to her. If you ignore your own needs that is a recipe for disaster for both of you.

Coming out to yourself and to us here is part of a process. Congratulations on taking that step! Be gentle on yourself and remember you don't have to do anything drastic. Take your time. Just expressing yourself here can make a huge difference in how you feel about your situation and any changes you want to make. If there is a LGBT center near you, consider calling them (anonymously) to find out what kind of support is available. In the meantime, you might be surprised how many guys here have had similar experiences to you.
Thank you for the advice. All of it is dead on. I don't want to just screw her over by telling her this...I'd like to still have a decent relationship in spite of the awkwardness. I may consider looking up to see if there is a center or something in my area. I just want to release everything I've been holding in. A big part of me is scared about all of this.

thisLIFE Wrote:hey welcome! Bunny2 youll find everyone here is more then willing to help.

personally tho, i know the religious feeling my whole family has been mormon since mormonism started. im sure of it haha... i found the most important thing tho is just go after what makes you happy, cliche as it sounds. all of the people around you will eventually come to terms with you if they care enough, and nothing can replace a mothers love!
Besides, not everyone needs to know everything about you, it is important that you do though.

and no. you. are. NOT. going to hell because of how you feel.
- much care
I posted another message to this, but it hasn't been moderator cleared, as well as that I didn't even quote the message...I hear mormonism is on some other sh but I don't know anything about it. I know nothing can replace my mother's love, plus on top of all of that, I don't have a large family, or a father who gives a damn...so...she's really all I've got. I don't know how she's going to accept me if I ever tell her/if she figures it out. I'm learning more and more about myself everyday. I just hope that this doesn't put me in hell, because as much as I don't want to believe in God, I've been brainwashed & programmed to feel like I will. Oh well. Thank you!

AquaKnight Wrote:wow another gay adventist....having been raised adventist my entire life I know how this can be scary.

Welcome to the forum.
Adventism sucks. Good to (sort of) meet you.