Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no votes for lgbt marriage yet?
so if the general population has made that big gay shift to accept same sex marriage why hasn't this shown up in American ballot boxes?

has anyone read where there is a correlation to opinion polls and how people are expected to vote in the USA?

reference (wall street news article):
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/06/07...marriages/

Well there is Obama's "evolution" in his thinking about gay marriage. So we may see more on that in the future if he's elected.

I use the quotation marks because he believed in gay marriage as a senator, but not as a presidential runner. Apparently that may have been too controversial.

I was raised to be a pagan like my ancestors who existed before the psychos invented religion or sociopaths invented governments. I don't need a military to defend my existence. My life was given to me by God Himself and it included FREE WILL. With that said, I don't give a damn what you want. You need help ask for it. I almost always say YES. You try to make me obey 197 million laws, I will tell you to GO FUCK YOURSELF..

If gay marriage interests you, let's have a constitutional amendment on cat baptism. Let's marry Fords and Chevies. Let's pass laws requiring us to lick our balls. Who the fuck cares about laws. I don't. I am required to follow my own conscience and take the time to ethically decide what to do.

If I heard a guy on TV explaining how much he loved to suck cock, I will listen in a state of rapture. I will compare his love of cocksucking to my love and belief in cocksucking. The idea of wasting my time listening to a debate on gay marriage is obscene. If you have time to kill, masturbate yourself to orgasm. You will not start a war. You will not drive up taxes. You will not commit a terrorist act. You will not even commit a sin if you masturbate in acordance with your own FREE WILL.

Stop wating time. Find a guy you truly love and fuck him until he is delirious. That will feel a lot better than a stupid debate on gay or straight marriage. People invented marriage, not God. God invented the universe and will allow us to take over when we have the smarts and technology to replace him.

:tongue:

pellaz Wrote:so if the general population has made that big gay shift to accept same sex marriage why hasn't this shown up in American ballot boxes?

You seem to expect people to actively vote for same-sex marriage. Change will happen when the number not actively voting against it is so few that they don't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Part of the reason is because the change of attitude comes mostly from younger people, and younger people are much less likely to vote, and even when they do Republicans have been known to put up roadblocks to keep them from voting as they typically vote Democrat. Therefore it's mostly boomers who vote and many of them still hold traditional views about gays and gay marriage.

Plus, many Christians believe God will destroy America if gays are sanctioned. That makes them care a lot more about the outcome than others who think gays should just be left alone to live one's own life.

I don't think the general population really has made any sort of shift. I think that the people who are willing to admit they don't have a problem with gay marriage has increased. People in big cities where there are lots of media coverage, which is where most of the studies and statistics come from are more liberal. The rest of the population is more conservative. If you look at electoral maps of the US the picture is easy to see. The blue states are usually the ones with the biggest cities, but there are a lot fewer of them, the red states are the rest. There are a LOT of traditional people in the US who will never change.
Richard

Don't be fooled into believing that any of these issues are more important than saying what you want to hear to win your votes to any politician.

Cynical I know, but the only good politician is a dead one.

Pix Wrote:Part of the reason is because the change of attitude comes mostly from younger people, and younger people are much less likely to vote, and even when they do Republicans have been known to put up roadblocks to keep them from voting as they typically vote Democrat. Therefore it's mostly boomers who vote and many of them still hold traditional views about gays and gay marriage.

Plus, many Christians believe God will destroy America if gays are sanctioned. That makes them care a lot more about the outcome than others who think gays should just be left alone to live one's own life.
well Cali & Newyork are still around so god must not hate us to much:biggrin:

There was a brilliant comic (possibly a webcomic) a few years ago making fun of Americans saying gay marriage would destroy society where one pointed out that Canada had equality and then mocked the visions of gays enslaving the hets and preparing to take over the world until someone told the character it was just a fantasy. It was really funny. Unfortunately I was not able to find it despite spending a long time looking for it. I even posted it to another board but I can't find it there either.

If anyone knows what comic I'm talking about please share it.

Found it:

[Image: whatispi.gif]