Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much worse can things get...?
So painful catching up with this thread. Sad [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION] thanks for taking the time to spell it all out and hugs to you as healing continues.
Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Beaux. This is absolutely awful. The thought that your parents did this to makes me furious for you. I hope things work out for you and you are able to resolve this issue with them.

I am just seeing this, Beaux and I am astounded.I am truly sorry you have to deal with your family doing this to you. There are, of course, other issues, but the first ones to deal with are the legal reclamation of your property and the annulment of the power of attorney. Best of luck, good man. I am sad for you.
I bid NO Trump!

Very sorry to read this Beaux. I hope things are better now.

You deserve so much better.... *hug* I wish all the best for you and hope that you can somehow fulfill your dream.

Tell us some GOOD things about your parents...
Ok..so they made a terrible judgement call here.. I really don't think they thought this through...
They couldn't be terrible parents if they raised you..��

Let's just say they got even for ALL the mischief you threw their way growing up.
It's time for a seroius family meeting...
They shouldn't have power of attorney we all agree, maybe you'd be better off restoring their official title as just...
Parents..
Nothing more.
Please don't sue them.

Anocxu Wrote:Tell us some GOOD things about your parents...
Ok..so they made a terrible judgement call here.. I really don't think they thought this through...
They couldn't be terrible parents if they raised you..��

Let's just say they got even for ALL the mischief you threw their way growing up.
It's time for a seroius family meeting...
They shouldn't have power of attorney we all agree, maybe you'd be better off restoring their official title as just...
Parents..
Nothing more.
Please don't sue them.

I appreciate your effort to highlight the "bright side" of my parents, but you really don't know them. Until I was 13 years old, my father would hang me upside down and naked and beat me with a silver-inlayed belt in an effort to "beat the sissy out of me". Seriously.

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:I appreciate your effort to highlight the "bright side" of my parents, but you really don't know them. Until I was 13 years old, my father would hang me upside down and naked and beat me with a silver-inlayed belt in an effort to "beat the sissy out of me". Seriously.

~Beaux

Ugh. the fact that they are even still in your life says something about your strength of character. I would have probably changed my name and hid somewhere.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Ugh. the fact that they are even still in your life says something about your strength of character. I would have probably changed my name and hid somewhere.

So true...my abusive excuse for a father deserted me when I was 16. Now, almost 9 years later, he's trying to worm his way back into my life and I just can't do it. No way.

People keep telling me that I need to establish a dialogue, if only to get "closure", and I say, fuck that. I feel no sense of connection, nor do I want to.

So yeah, Beaux...I agree that you've shown strength of character and just plain common decency...sad that it wasn't better rewarded.

Pyromancer Wrote:So true...my abusive excuse for a father deserted me when I was 16. Now, almost 9 years later, he's trying to worm his way back into my life and I just can't do it. No way.

People keep telling me that I need to establish a dialogue, if only to get "closure", and I say, fuck that. I feel no sense of connection, nor do I want to.

So yeah, Beaux...I agree that you've shown strength of character and just plain common decency...sad that it wasn't better rewarded.

Thank you, but what I really think is sad is that we love these people despit what they have done to us, simply because they are out parents. It is messed up, but that is just the way it is and we have to deal with it.
I had to come to a point where I could forgive them, no for them mind you, but for me so that I could move on.
~Beaux