Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a very good start.
I'm new on this forums, and I think that it's a crappy start to brag, but I really need someone right now. I'm sorry.

I feel nostalgic and I miss the good, old times. I'm living old memories, instead of living what I have today. That's how I wasted last 2 or 3 years of my life. I somehow made it through highschool, and I even got into medical school, but there's one thing bothering me - how can I live the present, if I constantly think about how great it was before.

I think that it may be caused by the fact that back then I didn't have so many problems. Now it's study, loneliness. I have lots of friends, but I still feel lonely because I'm out only to some good friends (recently moved to another city), and we lost contact. In my old city I was building a "safety zone" while I was depressed for almost 3 years, before I managed to say it - I'm gay. Here where I currently live, I don't know many people very well, I'm too scared to come out here.

Things were much easier before.

I'll be 20 this year... and the last thing I want is to feel somewhere around 2050 that I wasted the best times of my life.

Hi, grey! Welcome to GS!
Don't worry, there are a lot of us here who get overwhelmed with our life of studying. :tongue:
I hope you make some friends here. Being 19 and in med school is something to be proud of -- congratulations!

welcome to gs

If your experience is like mine, your best years are still to come!

Smile

The 20s are difficult, you're struggling to get established in your personal life and professional life. Lots of changes and challenges.

Your 30s will be easier and more fun. You still have your youth, but more experience. You'll be more stable with some wisdom and perspective.

Just hang in there, it's all part of growing up.

WelcomeWelcome

Hi GreyNew town making new friends and school are all hard things. When you are coming out it hard to know who to share with. You may want to check out if the campus has GLBT group they can be a good support for you...
It does get easier as we get older and it helps to have friends.
Good luck Skip

G Day Grey and welcome. You sound like a pretty average 19 year old to me, so I would try not to dwell on things too much if I was you. You're in medical school, congrats...that would involve some forward thinking in itself wouldn't it...I mean you have goals right? So not everything is dwelling on the past Wink

Hi Grey welcome to Gay Speak, and I would not worry to much about dwelling on the past it's impressive getting to medical school, but I'm sure your studies will get even more intense not leaving you much time to ponder the past.

Almac Wrote:Hi Grey welcome to Gay Speak, and I would not worry to much about dwelling on the past it's impressive getting to medical school, but I'm sure your studies will get even more intense not leaving you much time to ponder the past.

That's the point - sometimes I just get stuck with thinking, and that means wasting my time.

Thank you, all of you.

Welcome to GS! A really good book centered on teaching how to live in the now is "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" by Eckhart Tolle.

We are here for you too. Smile

[Image: A-New-Earth-9780143143499.jpg]