Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off the wall comments
Do you remember when we couldn't wait to grow up, What The Hell Were We Thinking
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

no , not really ~
although i didn't have a proper childhood ...

i'm superduper glad that i did grow up though

If it weren't for the conniving, self centered, egotistical, two faced, hypocritical, back stabbing, lying "mother" I had.....I suppose my childhood years would have been something I would have wanted to stay in.

But seeing as I had to live with "that".........it wasnt so much growing up, as it was turning 18 and getting the hell away from her.

I can wait.

Although, I've always felt my mind grew 5x faster than my body...and they say Boys go to Jupiter to get more Stupider! :p hmph!

A hero of mine, George Bernard Shaw, put it best:

"Youth is wasted on the young."

Perhaps a corollary would be: "Experience is wasted on the old." You can quote me on that.

I've waited my whole life to grow up. I know it'll be hard, and I know there are things I'm not used to that I'll have to do as I get older, but I'm excited. I lived with a parent that made my life a living hell until very recently, and consequently, I dreamed through my whole childhood of being independent someday (boyfriend has permission to share independence!), and I'm a few years of school away from having a job in a good field and being just that.

Not that I had a terrible life. There were so many great things that wouldn't have happened to me if it wasn't precisely the way it was. So I'm always, always, going to look at hard times as good things. Maybe not because they were, but because they taught me how to be me, and how to look forward to life.

So no. I'm not going to be frightened of that life just because I know it's going to be a lot of work. I expect that. But it's going to be MY LIFE, and hard work is worth it to make it mine.

Geminize Wrote:A hero of mine, George Bernard Shaw, put it best:

Perhaps a corollary would be: "Experience is wasted on the old." You can quote me on that.

I like that.

I like that alot.

But my comment would be, "so how is experience wasted on the old, if the young refuse to listen"?

I didn't want to. And I'd love to be a kid again...

Geminize Wrote:A hero of mine, George Bernard Shaw, put it best:

Ingenius in both the simplicity and convolusion both quotes instill.

And to add a Colloquialism to match;

"Old as the hills, knowledge as vast as sand"
"Sand as vast as Knowledge is for the Young to Understand"

You can quote me on dat one Wink

MisterTinkles Wrote:If it weren't for the conniving, self centered, egotistical, two faced, hypocritical, back stabbing, lying "mother" I had.....I suppose my childhood years would have been something I would have wanted to stay in.

But seeing as I had to live with "that".........it wasnt so much growing up, as it was turning 18 and getting the hell away from her.

My Goodness, I didn't know I had another brother out there. This explains much - yes indeed it explains a lot.

Care for a little incest, my brother? :biggrin: