Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old + need advice
How many of you guys really dislike giving your age when someone asks?

I have really been planning it out in my head how to break into the computers at the record keeping office and motor vehicles to change my date of birth to make it seem that I was born 5 years later making me 5 years younger.

I don't like when people ask how old I am:frown: :frown:

When I tell them my age, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is OH MY GOD, i didn't know you werE THAT OLD I thought you were in y oUR 20's.

I am kind of venting because I am scared to give people my real age, but lately I've been truthful. When I turned 30, I kept telling people I was 29. I even did it when I was 31 and a little bit when I was 32. I finally turned 33 after being 29 for 4 years and I'm not lying about my age anymore.

I just felt really uncomfortable turning 30. It wasn't supposed to happen to me. When I look in the mirror I think I look my age. Some of my friends tell me I look older than 33, but most people tell me I look 27 or so.

When I was 25 I started a job that you had to be 25 to do. This one was so rude, some lady called and asked why they let 16 year olds do the job now. :confused:

Anyways it is just kind of hurtful when people say oh my god you don't look that OLD

Or I didn't know you were that old.

It happens ALL the F*$*#*g time. I kept getting carded till I was about 28, then when they stopped I wanted to ask them WHY DIDN'T you card me witch, but obviously I didn't.

I think I look my age but some people don't, so it would be wonderful if I could change my date of birth, just by a few years or so. I feel like a women does when someone asks me my age. So please tell me if this happens to you and if you get annoyed! To top it off, when they say i dodn't look old my face gets bright red. Does anyone know if there is special make up to hide blushing? Boldred Boldred Boldred

I don't really like it either when people ask my age (but at the same time it
doesn't bother me too much) ...
My response is usually a vague answer like "getting old" or "late 30's" Scared LOL
Thats usually enough to satisfy them

These days I just carry a calculator to work out my age whenever someone asks ... or I look at the sidebar on here Wink

GG33, what would you prefer?

"oh my god you don't look that OLD"

or

"oh my god I thought you were older than that!"

No brainer, surely?!

By the way, I don't like being older either :redface:

Hmmmmm you are supposed to call me young lol , like my doctors do.

What I want is a man with a big heart and some nice looking equipment

I never mind telling people how old I am..
But I look goooood! Biggrina

Nice tatoos
When I'm 80 I hope i pass for 59

I have "problems" with people thinking I'm younger than I am. I don't mind. I think it's quite funny, really. The only time it bothers me is if professionally someone thinks I don't have enough experience because I look young.

It does remind me, though, of Tennessee Williams. For many years he'd knocked a few years off his age, and then Gore Vidal found him out in his 60s and asked him why. He had a very good explanation. "I don't count working in a shoe factory as living". Can't argue with that, can you?

(As an aside, I'd highly recommend reading Gore Vidal's autobiography)

[COLOR="Purple"]Being so old now I cant really remember how it was when I was young...

... did I want to look older at 17 so I could get into clubs? ... look 21 to get served? ... then when I was 30 be happy when someone asked to see my i.d. for entrance into a 21+ club?

So, yeah, depending on the rules of the game one does take age to various mind fu@ks.[/COLOR]

Well surely you should take it as a compliment if someone thinks you look younger than you are?
Isn't that a good thing? :confused:

What bothers me is not my age. But the idea, in the gay community, that in order to be relevant or appealing you must be young. This is bs. While all the kiddies out there are looking for someone younger than themselved they might miss out on a really fulfilling relationship with someone who just happens to be older. Also us older gents know more about good sex and how to achieve it than they ever will at 20. If you dont believe me, well as they say youth is wasted on the young.:frown: