Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old + need advice
Forty was a liberating age for me. I said to myself “THESE are the good old days and you'd better make the most of them”. I had more sex in my forties than I had had in the previous 40 years. I was amazed at the guys I could pull. I started getting into exercise in a serious way and trained and did a couple of marathons. I used to love overtaking all those guys in their twenties when I was running and always waited for them to catch up with me in the showers after the race! I loved it and looked better than I ever did in my 30s. Now I have settled down with my boyfriend and we moved to Spain 8 years ago. I really do believe that life is what you make of it. I like to make plans for the future, even if some of them don't work out. I love travelling and going for long walks in the mountains in Spain, France, Italy and sometimes the UK. Would I rather be 21? You bet. In some ways getting older is like returning to your youth when you were freer than in your 30s but the time comes when there is a lot less pressure on you to achieve and once again you have time to do the things you really want to do. My role model is the grandfather in the film Little Miss Sunshine! You should see that film.

Youth is wasted on the young. - G.B. Shaw

im not ashamed to admit that im 25 i still feel young

Mf1611 Wrote:im not ashamed to admit that im 25 i still feel young

Thats good youre feeling young at 25... considering many are living to 100 today... who knows how long the youth of today will live Pray

Mf1611 Wrote:im not ashamed to admit that im 25 i still feel young

You can't help your age, anyway, can you? But it's nice that you feel young and that you ARE young. Make the most of it, and then when you get older, make the most of that too.... Life is worth it. Invasion

First of all, 33 is not old. The problem is that we put such value on youth and beauty that we forget wisdom comes with age. There is beauty in wisdom.
I am 44 (ugh! Don't make me admit it.) I don't like the idea of getting older because I don't think like a man my age. I am not settled in life. I am restarting my life. Because I am a college student who lives in a dorm apartment, I spend a lot of time with people half my age. In the beginning, I was the "weird old guy." After they began to get to know me, my peers began to see me as one of them. Many of them come to me for advice and to kiss their boo boos. It is a matter of perception.
I am told, frequently, that I do not look my age. Recently, I friended one of my friend's mother on Facebook. Her mother denied me because, according to my friend, her mother said, "I don't want to be friends with your 25 year old school friends." Keep in mind, I am 2 years older than my friend's mother.
My current beau is 30 years old. My boyfriend before him was 44 years old. My boyfriend before that (is now) 23 years old. The most immature of the three was the 44 year old. It was not a mid-life thing, it was just him. I admit, I don't like the idea of getting older. I think a lot of that is social perception. When people ask me how old I am, I joke with them and tell them that "I am 25. I have been 25 for years."
Jack Benny said, "The secret to staying young is find an age you like and stick with it."
If I am pushed for my age, I have no problem telling people that I am 44. I don't lie on BBs or match profiles. There is no reason to hide from my age. My beau admitted that because of my age, he would not have reached out to me (we met on Tagged). I contacted him first and he liked what I had to say to him. I started with the precedent of being a friend. I really did only want him as a friend. I wasn't really looking for a relationship. The more we talked, the more we got a long. We are currently building toward a romantic relationship.
In many ways, age really is a matter of perception. My best friend in 22 and she tells me constantly that she forgets that I am twice her age. Her mother is 1 year older than me. K tells me that I am ageless.
That is your key GG, stop worrying about how old you are and be who you are. If someone asks about your age, joke about your age, but never lie about it. If you look younger than your age, you are going to keep that.
Don't worry about the perceptions of others. Just be yourself and enjoy life for what it is.
By the way, I like younger guys (obviously) but I never let them think for a moment that I am a "daddy." First of all, I don't have that kind of money. Second of all, I don't look, think or act like a "daddy." Third of all, I like to think of myself as more of a mom. Wink

I always think its funny when people in there 30s think they are old. I will admit 30 is the 1st time we all realize that we do get old & it is that reality that scares you. Age is something you grow with. I just turned 47 December 10th. It doesn't bother me at all but I am very youthful. The key to aging well is in your attitude & your health. You have to take care of you body and your skin, exercise, get proper nutrition, drink lots of water, moisturize your skin. This is not advice to look young but to age well. I am youthful because of my attitude, I live my life on my terms & not by how society says I should. I ware my hair to my waist because I like it that way. I dress the way I choose. I am ageing and I am fine with it. Don't be afraid to age, just age gracefully. I you don't take care of you body & health and your a mess at 50 than that is your fault. Love your self.

GG25 : Hey, that means you look very young. Even boyish.

And that's a good thing, right?

You should enjoy it. Feel even proud.

I know I would.

Confusedmile:

For me, there's no denying the question is one of the most dreaded posed to a person anticipating middle age; it invites one to lie or evade because the answerer wants to come up with the right answer, because the right answer will likely mean acceptance—not necessarily to the interrogator, but to himself.

Standing back a little and looking in via hindsight is easy for someone that's already been through that discomfort, so I acknowledge my opinion is jaded. But, the discomfort is likely just a symptom of a larger disease. Social stigma can be debilitating whether one resides in a gay community or not.

My best advice is: this too shall pass. Know that with age comes wisdom, even if it's accompanied by a sagging ass.

I used to hate it when people called me son or young man:frown: ,I wanted to be called mister or sir.Now I''m older I''m older I love it if someone calls me kiddo or say ''This lad was before me'' as in a queue (I know,funny analogy)!
I do think we worry too much about age.
But if someone takes you for younger than you are then surely that is a compliment!
I would also like to know what can mask blushing:redface: (blush)!sometimes I feel like a little girl and it''s worse if someone notices and says its cute or something!
It aint.It''s embarrassing!
I''m not exactly experienced in these things but I think I''d be fussy about going with someone older.Then again if they look good and have a good body,well maybe I would''nt beWink picky!