Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
on TROLLS
The only way to get rid of a troll on the forum is to ignore it. Don't feed it with the slightest response. Even a witty put down is encouragement to them. Seriously, I don't understand why members here argue with it, reply to its threads, or interact with it on any level.

Ignore it and it will go away.

Yes, I shall try this.

But it is so difficult sometimes to ignore a rude individual who seems to be mocking us.

If it's hard then use your ignore list so it's automatic. Be strong! Smile

I just don't appreciate him calling my Queers, Bitch!

Only I can do that ^.^

But yes Gemzy, you are indeed correct my Darling Forgive-me-smiley

Whut did I do now?????
[Image: nyformtrollbabycryingw.jpg]

Geminize Wrote:The only way to get rid of a troll on the forum is to ignore it. Don't feed it with the slightest response. Even a witty put down is encouragement to them. Seriously, I don't understand why members here argue with it, reply to its threads, or interact with it on any level.

Ignore it and it will go away.

I'm assuming this is about one particular, very annoying and very know troll here in GS..

indeed the first thing that crossed my mind is why are people even bothering to post on his threads, to argue with him...he obviosuly likes that...

(due to him making SOME harmless thread subjects I get some people post before checking it was him who made it, of course)

anyway very, very good advice overall

I've tried putting one on Ignore before but Ignore doesn't work for the Latest Post pages, and worse, the Latest Posts won't let you know who made it if anyone has already responded. Still, I almost never click on thread titles with ALL CAPS in it to avoid one in particular (no matter how many sock puppets he uses), though sometimes I get curious why there are so many replies there and end up responding to someone else.

And I do try to give people the benefit of a doubt...I'm generally pretty slow to dismiss someone as a troll even if they have trollish habits (but I think it's unintentional).

I hear you, Pix, I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. Most of his posts don't contribute anything to the forum, they're just grabs for attention. Since others seemed to feel he was trolling I figured I'd make my suggestion and see where it went.

i've just used the ignore button for the first time ever and im happier now I wont be reading constant negative/abusive posts - I think trolls have always come off worse on this forum as their arguments or bating are quickly shattered by the intelligent folk here and they soon disappear, some do stay just intent on hurting peoples feelings though

God i hate this internet thing about trolls, and i mean the bitching and complaining and the ease with which it can be said, anybody who crosses your politically correct, morally superior line you brand them a troll, like calling someone names is any better than what the troll does in the first place, as if the concept of "not so friendly" people is a new one (its not)

And by the way its just the internet, if you find these "trolls" in real life in real situations, you probably find they not as bad as "all that" some are prob victims or sad, lost in some way

Everything is connected and no one is blameless.

Theres far worse trolls who dont go on internet forum sites cos there too busy fucking people over.

I would never put anybody on an ignore list.

Its only fucking words, some people just CANT read between them.

CUNTS!