Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one night stand guilt
I had my first one night stand last saturday and ive felt really bad about it ever since. my friend does it all the time and says it gets easier.

i dont really want to have one night stands but i know they are bound to happen.

does anyone know why i feel so guilty? cos i know that i really havent done anything wrong.

does the other guy fele guilty, or did he expect anything to come from it? if no then theres abosultly no need for guilt and cheer upSmile

I suppose a lot of the guilty feelings have something to do with the way we were brought up. For whatever reasons, when the reality of what we do doesn't meet our expectations of ourselves the difference can be hard to accept. Maybe you don't want these feelings to go away? You don't have to respond like your friend if that is not your way. At least try both to look after yourself and not to hurt anyone else.

All the best and I hope you enjoyed yourself. Wink

i think im more embarrassed about the fact that i met him in a kebab shop and was ... 'doing the deed' within 20 minutes of meeting him.

oh the shame

This came on the radio just a few minutes ago! :eek:
Had to search for the band (Murray the Hump) as hadn't heard of them before!

Must be that angel of synchronicity at work again! Laugh
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I don't think you should feel bad or ashamed at all. You had a good time, he had a good time, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

So you feel that you were "too easy to get" or "too ready to please"? There is nothing wrong, in principle, with making another human being happy ... at least for a while. Because of the fact that sexual activity is somewhat taboo and private and intimate (and sometimes emotionally connected), I suppose one night stands don't coincide with your idea of having sexual intercourse with anyone. In any given life, it would seem quite normal not to find the right person immediately and to have to try people out first. After all we test our friendships and other relationships in many ways too.
You can only let yourself feel a slut if you let something happen that tarnished your image of yourself. If you've done nothing wrong, either of you, then put it aside as one of life's experiments... and move on. Don't let it happen again if it makes you unhappy or uneasy, and next time try to commit to the person before you let your sex drive get the better of you. It must be possible to say "hold on", "let's wait" or "I'd like to know more about you before we do the dirty". In any case it doesn't sound like the other person was forced into doing it with you, so no one is to blame. Take care of yourself, physically... and emotionally.

Maybe I’m just a tart but not only do I believe there is nothing wrong with one-night stands, I actually think they are a good idea. Let me explain. I once went out with a guy for 3 weeks (ok it’s not an eternity) before we hit the sack. He had been a friend for some time before that. He seemed so much the perfect man for me and the attraction was clearly mutual. We only had sex once and it was a disaster for me. You can call me a shallow size queen but if his cock does not turn you on, what can you do? I decided to end the “relationship” immediately before any more harm was done. But of course the harm was done already and I lost a good friend. I have often thought since that, if it had just been a one night stand, it would have been a lot easier for both of us to deal with. To make sure that this never happened again I have always had sex on the first night with any guy who might have been a potential partner. I am now in a monogamous relationship that has lasted 13 years. But before that I had sex with quite a few guys and always felt good about it. Sex is a sign of our interdependence, a sign that you are human, that you are alive and expresses a warmth for other people. Some men get so screwed up mentally about one night stands that they refuse to say hello to the other guy for ever after. I think that’s really sad.

i think u shld look on it as an experiment. as long as u had fun and were safe then look upon it as one of lifes little moments. it happened so learn frm it and move on. at least u tried it once. i wish i cld take more risks bt i ovathink things 2 much an usually talk myself out of things bt i am trying 2 take more risks and try and enjoy life a bit more.

ok nobody say anything mean, but i ... sucked a taxi driver on saturday night!

i dont even know why ive suddenly become like this
im terrified/excited for next weekend

my friends seem to be proud of me for some reason. i did save £15 though.

is it bad or good? someone tell me.