Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open relationship?
so the guy that ive been seeing for the past couple of months has broached the subject of an "open" relationship. jus wondering what your thoughts were to this kind of setup?

although any relationship is ultimately between the two people it involves, but to quote erica jong: "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "

trywait Wrote:so the guy that ive been seeing for the past couple of months has broached the subject of an "open" relationship. jus wondering what your thoughts were to this kind of setup?

although any relationship is ultimately between the two people it involves, but to quote erica jong: "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. "

My opinion is pretty much summarized by the quote.

yup, you've answered your own question. now will you nip this in the bud now or try to ride it out?
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

My definition of an open relationship is when both persons tell each other the truth, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I am fairly open minded about relationships and I have to say that I dont' care what two consenting adults do and truly have no judgement once those conditions are met (consenting/adults).....and I am open to having my partner and/or myself having an indiscretion with full honesty about it as a condition...but an official open relationship...NO!

My openness and acceptance about indiscretions is based on the fact that you never know what life is gonna throw at you and I dont' think we are as in control as we like to think we are (I don't automatically think someone who cheated is an a*shole or the devil:biggrin: )..so I can accept any of that as long as there is honesty about it...but to knowingly enter into an open relationship is not cool. The one time it was proposed to me...

this is what he said:

"I would like us to have an open relationship"

this is what I heard:

"I want to hedge my bets and hold on to you unless something better comes along"

He can do that on his own:biggrin:

That is my input but you gotta do what is right for you. Good Luck!

u basically hit the bullseye east!

You could start off with an open relationship. Until you figure out if your feelings for each other are strong enough that you'd preser to have the other only to yourselves. Open relationships aren't that bad because having the opporunity to, say, have sex with someone else who is not your partner does not not neccessarily mean you're going to do it. It just leaves a door open, for things to break off without a big fuss. Don't worry so much, things will probably arrange on their own if you don't force them.

I couldn't, I don't like to share. If I'm not enough for one person, We aren't meant to be together.

East Wrote:this is what he said:

"I would like us to have an open relationship"

this is what I heard:

"I want to hedge my bets and hold on to you unless something better comes along"

He can do that on his own:biggrin:

That is my input but you gotta do what is right for you. Good Luck!

Well put ;D

I am not a fan, clients of mine have an open relationship and managed it for years, however for me personally I am too jealous and prefer the intimacy of a closed faithful relationship.