Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open relationship?
First off, you should give your BF credit for brining up the subject. Now, i couldn't tell from your post if you 2 had a conversation about being "open" or if it was just a passing statement (ie: a trial balloon).

The bottom line is: If both of you aren't 100% comfortable with the idea - it will eventually cause the end of your LTR.

As i stated above, you DO have an opportunity to have an adult conversation about being "open." Maybe he wants the occasional 3-way with you. Maybe he wants to keep options open if an occasion presents itself and you both are turned on by a guy and want to play with him. OR, maybe he wants 100% open - that you both are free to have sex with others - both alone and/or together. You need to have the discussion...and THEN you have to be honest with him about how you feel and if you'd be comfortable with it.

Oh, and if you DO accept the idea, then it's critical that you both set groundrules: Safe sex, consent of the other partner before playing, that YOUR sex lives have to be active and fulfilling before other's are involved, no emotional contact (ie: no flowers, gifts, emails, phone calls from past tricks, etc.).

Are these rules a guarantee that things will work out? NO WAY. But, they are critical to a successful "open" relationship. Why do i say this? Because my prior 10-year LTR was open from the outset and we had our "rules." But in the end, myex fell in love with a "trick" and kept it a secret from me for 2 years before we broke up. I took my portion of the blame because i agreed to being "open" and he took his blame for breaking the rules and not working on our LTR....but that's just another of life's lessons.

Let us know how things progress!

trywait Wrote:u basically hit the bullseye east!

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]East usually does. Confusedmile:
Your asking for our opinions, so I will give you my opinion in open relationships: Fuck That.

Good luck! [/SIZE][/COLOR]

My view is it's up to the individual, they can work as long as you set your rules in advance and stick to them.

I think if your going to have an open relationship it's going be just "sex" between the other person and I think you shouldn't see them more than once as it becomes more than that.

You make love with your boyfriend but just have sex in a one night stand.

Other rules to consider are don't allow them to come home into your bedroom as that's for you and you boyfriend only.

Just my opinion really.

NOOOOOOOOOOO. A big no. lol. I could never accept an open relationship.

^ I feel the same as Maxx

I am with Maxx, if the subject was broached, my husband knowing my staunch views on an open relationship for me I would take it as a warning sign that something was not right with the relationship. I remember an ex mentioned it a couple of times, and after a little digging he'd already opened up the relationship without my knowledge.

I agree with East wholeheartedly on this one.