Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pansexual
dianamaria Wrote:*rolling eyes*

Good God, talk about the hypocrisy in this one.

All your commentary has been pansexual-phobic with extreme erasure towards asexuality/demisexuality and non-cis gendered/trans people.

Yeah ok im pan-sexual phobic. You are bi-phobic and psuedo-intellectuall and so is everyone else like you.

I find some of the points in the article pretty reasonable, but I still feel like there are many cases where 'pansexual' could be used.

In the case of trans people, obviously you refer to them with the names and pronouns they prefer. Someone who identifies as female should be referred to as such, regardless of her biological sex. It's also true that bisexual people can be attracted to trans people but, sadly, a lot of people still have some issues with the idea that sex and gender can be different for a person. It saddens me to say so, but I believe a lot of people would answer no when asked whether they'd date a transgendered person or not. I don't believe too many people on here will argue with this.

In this case, pansexuality comes sort of in handy. It's a label for your sexuality, and it's always discussionable whether such labels are needed to begin with. But whereas saying "I'm heterosexual" easily states that you're attracted to the opposite gender, and saying "I'm bisexual" states you're attracted to both genders - saying "I'm pansexual" states that you're more or less gender-blind. You wouldn't mind dating someone who identifies with a gender that's different from their sex, someone who identifies with no genders, both genders etc.

In other words, pansexuality really isn't such an unnecessary label.

dianamaria Wrote:*rolling eyes*

Good God, talk about the hypocrisy in this one.

All your commentary has been pansexual-phobic.

Excuse me, i dont think vampires exist… im not vamp-phobic.

YOU are the one that created a label thats sole purpose-
- is to somehow pidgeon-hole bisexuality.

Your opening floodgates for more & more labels where none exist.

I don't really get the issue, if there were five thousand different labels, why would I care?

It depends if you care about truth and sincerity.

Im done here.

I don't care and I do not like labels. To me that article is pretentious.
You could be 'whatdoyouwant'sexual, and I'm going to respect this thing.
I don't even know who (what)I am, cause I feel different things everyday. I'm not pansexual and I'm not straight. LOL.
I'm a man (whoa nope, I'm a boy! Young and fresh! XD) and I believe more in something like Kinsley scale (your a bit A and more B but even a little of C ...).

Totally agree with sillyboy

To add my thoughts, just as its your right to sexually like who you want, it's everyone elses right to sexually not like who they want. The difference is if you respect that persons right or not.

Everyone is into different things, and as sillyboy said it can change, sometimes day to day for those a little more uh free willed. If I like a guy , and they're not into guys , so let it be, that's their choice.

Same thing goes here man, the only difference is someone thought it
wise to coin every single sexual interest every personhas ever had... Whhyy???? Stupid Lol people are people and that's it.

HumbleTangerine Wrote:I find some of the points in the article pretty reasonable, but I still feel like there are many cases where 'pansexual' could be used.

In the case of trans people, obviously you refer to them with the names and pronouns they prefer. Someone who identifies as female should be referred to as such, regardless of her biological sex. It's also true that bisexual people can be attracted to trans people but, sadly, a lot of people still have some issues with the idea that sex and gender can be different for a person. It saddens me to say so, but I believe a lot of people would answer no when asked whether they'd date a transgendered person or not. I don't believe too many people on here will argue with this.

In this case, pansexuality comes sort of in handy. It's a label for your sexuality, and it's always discussionable whether such labels are needed to begin with. But whereas saying "I'm heterosexual" easily states that you're attracted to the opposite gender, and saying "I'm bisexual" states you're attracted to both genders - saying "I'm pansexual" states that you're more or less gender-blind. You wouldn't mind dating someone who identifies with a gender that's different from their sex, someone who identifies with no genders, both genders etc.

In other words, pansexuality really isn't such an unnecessary label.

You get the standing ovation of the millennium.

partis Wrote:Pansexuality is BI-PHOBIC.

I think it is sometimes but I do think asexuals and demisexuals are real

I don't really care for labels,but they do help me understand a wide range of sexuality spectrum. For all I care,if somebody want to identify themselves as (whatever)-sexual,then I'll respect them for their choice of identification,despite it messes with my head. LOL. Cool