Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partners forever?
Lately I have felt that me and my BF are more like roommates or good friends rather than proper couple or partners. I have thought alot if this is enough for me, is it enough for him? Is he happy? Should we break up?

It's up to you, if you want more out of your relationships.

Personally, I don't think the strong romance phase can last forever, but I would expect some aspects in the relationship would still indicate it being more than a strong friendship...like sex...and a romantic meal/date/gesture every so often, as well as hugs, kisses, sharing a bed ETC.

Strong passion/hard love is just a phase.

Modern society seems to think that once the passion has faded that the love is gone, however in most cases what has happened is that the passionate love has deepened, matured and becomes something a bit more comfortable.

Good Friends is to be expected in a 'solid' relationship. Many couples are content with that, and many others tend to have 'phases' were old passion flares up after a period of quiet 'friendship'.

Is he happy? Unknown. Is he content? Again unknown. You need to ask him.

What are both of your needs/wants out of a relationship? Just hot passion, or can you both thrive in a settled friendship environment. If this latter you may be way ahead of the curve.

Genersis Wrote:It's up to you, if you want more out of your relationships.

Personally, I don't think the strong romance phase can last forever, but I would expect some aspects in the relationship would still indicate it being more than a strong friendship...like sex...and a romantic meal/date/gesture every so often, as well as hugs, kisses, sharing a bed ETC.

Thats the problem. Those things you listed dont really happen anymore (except sharing bed but it has been used just for sleeping for past 2 months)... We have been together 6 years and during the last year things have gone to more friend direction.

Watermark Wrote:Thats the problem. Those things you listed dont really happen anymore (except sharing bed but it has been used just for sleeping for past 2 months)... We have been together 6 years and during the last year things have gone to more friend direction.

Is sex totally out of the question for one or both of you? Or is it that life has just been such a drag that sex just doesn't happen?

If sex can be on the menu, what steps have one or both of you taken to respark the lust aspect here?

Since this is a bothering you, I strongly suggest you two turn off the phones, computer, TV and sit face to face and have a serious talk about where you two are in your lives and where this relationship is going.

Couples do have lulls in their sex lives. Stress, work, school, the day to day grind can easily make the routine of just sleeping, eating and watching TV more important to one or both than other things.

Also you two are coming upon the 7 year itch. https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=ps...91&bih=781

Now if both of you still want to continue this relationship, it would be a good time for couple's counseling. A therapist can help both of you find ways around the worst of this patch and possibly even rekindle the romance and get you both more active in each others lives.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Is sex totally out of the question for one or both of you? Or is it that life has just been such a drag that sex just doesn't happen?

If sex can be on the menu, what steps have one or both of you taken to respark the lust aspect here?

Since this is a bothering you, I strongly suggest you two turn off the phones, computer, TV and sit face to face and have a serious talk about where you two are in your lives and where this relationship is going.

Couples do have lulls in their sex lives. Stress, work, school, the day to day grind can easily make the routine of just sleeping, eating and watching TV more important to one or both than other things.

Also you two are coming upon the 7 year itch. https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=ps...91&bih=781

Now if both of you still want to continue this relationship, it would be a good time for couple's counseling. A therapist can help both of you find ways around the worst of this patch and possibly even rekindle the romance and get you both more active in each others lives.

Atleast for me sex isnt drag but it just doesnt seem to happen anymore. Things I miss most are kisses, hugs and those small things in every day life - they seem to be completely gone.

I'll have to have talk with him and see what are his thoughts.