Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
past year
I have read more humanity in a clinical study than I have in your observations here.

Whilst you are focused on their defects of character, their 'problems' I fail to see where you have acknowledged that perhaps you ain't the perfect man you think you are.

You did good!
You didn't get raped or murdered. ..

How about spending a month or three with the number one man in your life...

You.
Heal.. regroup. ..
Get back out there!

I never read long post but I did yours for some reason and I agree with Anocxu - your fine m8 and all you want is a normal guy to date, plus u didn't get murdered so always a good sign ..if I knew why guys are so flakey then I would have a partner too so im no use at all - just keep trying ,, there are genuine guys out there , will we meet them ? that's the big question

I'm kind of out of practice but, isn't this what they call dating?

I believe they keys are acceptance and compromise.

Words don't always come out right, forgive and forget.

Just curious about the Medic and the card you sent. You may be reading something into the situation that wasn't actually the case at all. Suppose he was out of the closet for most everyone he knew. But what if that card ended up in someone else's hands before it ever got to him. What if someone read that card (Valentine's card's usually come in big red envelopes which are a dead giveaway to their content). And what if that person caused some kind of terrible grief to his life because they read it before the Medic did.

It is just odd to me the he would severe all ties to you because of a Valentine card. No contact is a pretty harsh consequence. Why? It couldn't just be cold feet if you'd been having a relationship for a couple of months. He would have at least felt comfortable talking to you about it, I would think.

Still, some men, when presented with anything resembling "I love you" run for the hills. Commitment issues. You're better off, even if you don't think so. Be grateful for the good memories you have.

The rest, to me, is just dating. Dating for a long term relationship is a different thing from dating for quick flings. Some guys will tell you what you most want to hear just to get what they want.

I would definitely stop relying on the internet to meet men. You'll know more in five minutes about a guy you meet in person than most people you will meet on the web. Guys on the net often paint the prettiest version of themselves. It is hard to wear that kind of mask for any length of time, especially if the person you're wearing it for expects it.