Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paypal PSA
If anybody here is a user of paypal then i highly recommend you watch this video, very important!

I'm surprised these scams work.

My old business account used to get a ton of scams, even now I get a few (I found deleting that hotmail account and then signing back in after a couple of weeks which resurrected it cut a lot of that out and also stopped someone from continuing to spoof that account, btw). Right now the big one is FB (Facebook). I'd guess I get an average of 2 a day to click on their links to get a private message, a message from the managers, or to fix something. Even if I did have FB I wouldn't fall for it.

It's been awhile since I got a paypal one. I have no idea who thought I was a World of Warcraft player either wanting me to "log in" and "save my account" but I got a bunch of those as well in the past. Of course I get the classics associated with Nigeria, and also women wanting me to visit their webcam (with credit card) claiming they'll be meeting me in person soon and doing things to sexual organs I don't have (at least that's what the one I looked at said, I deleted all the others without looking). Oh yeah, there was a valentine's scam last February, too, but I forget the details...I was suspicious right away and did a netsearch which did explain the scam but I can't recall it now.

I'm glad the kids here know about scammers, computer and phone. 'Course the boy (then 9) took my sentiment that such scam artists deserve no respect or consideration from us to heart and took to tormenting the Indian phone scammer...long story, so I won't share, but I'm glad to say he understands the concept now. I guess that makes him more sensible that some people 5x his age despite the South Park humor he tormented that scammer with.

i feel sorry (maybenot) for the breeders having very young children on a computer.