Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
people = annoying
Seriously, I have said so many times that I don't drink and people don't understand it!
Its the main reason I've pritty much disowned my old friends because they used to be constantly drinking, the only way you can be around them is if your drunk!

So now people say their worried about me because I don't have a night life.

I don't get why people need to involve themselves because someone's different, I like reading outside sunbathing all day and others like getting off their faces and not getting up till 2.
I'm not a fan of socializing, I'm alright if its like a one to one conversation in a coffee shop or something, but having everyone talking at the same time it gets really tiring, personally I feel out of place!

I can't wait untill they start uni so I can be left alone!

I can relate dood! On the socializin not the booze lol i luz me beer! I don't like interactin with others who are drinkin when i'm not tho and i certainly wouldn't expect someone to drink etc cause i am!
That leaves no wriggle room on the nightlife tho ...ya could go out and drink soft drinks but the crowds and drinkers are still there lol is socializin durin the day an option most places are quieter then?
On the other hand tho outdoors and a good book sounds way more attractive than a bar/club etc (i'd still bring some beers tho Wink )

Shark, you sound to me like you are a full blown introvert!
Thats a good thing. There's a thread somewhere on these forums that I started about it, you should check it out.

http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106

And check out this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch

Phil! Wrote:I can relate dood! On the socializin not the booze lol i luz me beer! I don't like interactin with others who are drinkin when i'm not tho and i certainly wouldn't expect someone to drink etc cause i am!
That leaves no wriggle room on the nightlife tho ...ya could go out and drink soft drinks but the crowds and drinkers are still there lol is socializin durin the day an option most places are quieter then?
On the other hand tho outdoors and a good book sounds way more attractive than a bar/club etc (i'd still bring some beers tho Wink )
I'm just not really a fan of fizzy drinks really, when I went out drinking a while ago the best thing I could really like was the tequila Laugh.

XRIMO Wrote:Shark, you sound to me like you are a full blown introvert!
Thats a good thing. There's a thread somewhere on these forums that I started about it, you should check it out.

http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106

And check out this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch
Can't say I'm a fan of labels but that ones got me pin pointed!

I just hope maybe this helps with the whole understanding problem between your friends and you. I had the same problem when I started university with my friends constantly going out, getting drunk and calling me a shy hermit because I didn't want to go out.
Now my friends know that I like to be alone and not to be in huge social settings.

CardShark Wrote:Seriously, I have said so many times that I don't drink and people don't understand it!
Its the main reason I've pritty much disowned my old friends because they used to be constantly drinking, the only way you can be around them is if your drunk!

So now people say their worried about me because I don't have a night life.

I don't get why people need to involve themselves because someone's different, I like reading outside sunbathing all day and others like getting off their faces and not getting up till 2.
I'm not a fan of socializing, I'm alright if its like a one to one conversation in a coffee shop or something, but having everyone talking at the same time it gets really tiring, personally I feel out of place!

I can't wait untill they start uni so I can be left alone!

Sharky, I shouldn't worry. Neither Marshlander nor I drink and we still have a nightlife. It's not drinking that'll make you remember the really good times, on the contrary. It must all seem a little blurry the following day(s). Plus, what's the big point of getting regularly plastered???

Since i've turned 18 i have drank nearlly every weekend... something i regret but like you said, all my friends drink and expect me to as well! sometimes i've said no, but then i feel stupid sober while they are all drunk. you can't really win either way in my opinion...

Bob Wrote:Since i've turned 18 i have drank nearlly every weekend... something i regret but like you said, all my friends drink and expect me to as well! sometimes i've said no, but then i feel stupid sober while they are all drunk. you can't really win either way in my opinion...

Your social circumstances certainly push you to it more than some, Bob, since you cannot single yourself out, but I suppose there is such a thing as inventing a reason for NOT going out? No money? Got to wake up early tomorrow morning? Got to drive somewhere? etc... You'll have to admit that you drink because you enjoy it or else get out of that circle of so called friends...

you're right, but i wouldn't want to sit in and be bored... i don't mind drinking but it's just i don't know when to stop. I think 1 or 2 drinks are OK to be sociable and that's what i want; but it's hard. Don't get me wrong, i'm not pressured to drink, it's also down to feeling out of place as well, i love my mates to bits and i wouldn't change them for the world. (Just their drinking habbits Laugh)

Bob Wrote:you're right, but i wouldn't want to sit in and be bored... i don't mind drinking but it's just i don't know when to stop. I think 1 or 2 drinks are OK to be sociable and that's what i want; but it's hard. Don't get me wrong, i'm not pressured to drink, it's also down to feeling out of place as well, i love my mates to bits and i wouldn't change them for the world. (Just their drinking habbits Laugh)

Know what then? Always drink super slowly and don't slosh it down... your glass being still full, no one will force you to down another. You could also pretend that you're on medication that doesn't allow for alcoholic beverages.... just a few techniques to avoid overdoing it. You sound sensible enough.