Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal attacks and other crap
I thought this thread would be easier than it has turned ou to be. In the last few months I have seen post becoming more
of a personal nature rather than a reply. An attack on those who posted our started a thread, this saddens me. GS is
worldwide, all it asks is you abide by 12 rules of conduct, even those can be stretched from time to time. Please just
hear me out, some posts maybe just not what the poster intended can be read more than one way. As Daz once said, don't
try and read between the lines or put words in my mouth. Sometimes it is blantant, but maybe the poster is having a bad
day and taking it out on those who are his friends cause at least they should understand. Yes there are a few individuals
who are condensending, who like to stir things up. This is a community, and all types will be here, please, for those
who are running the edges, don't drive them away with the constant bickering and blame games that seem to be so prevelant
in GS today.
Try to remember that we are all in this together. That we are here to help those who need it and be friends to those who
have none, and to support each other because we all need that. Yes I miss meg alot, and daz would slap me along side the
head to get my attention, and spell out reality. If I had the power to bring them back I would. Daz fell into a trap, I
I don't know about meg. But I do know she attacked londoner in a thread. The attacks have got to stop, don't read between
the lines, the 60's music is over, we don't have to read between the lines anymore. Say what is on your mind, if you have
a problem with someone, say so and say why, because just maybe it is a misunderstanding.
The only other thing I would ask of ya'll is when your reading a thread and you get angry at what is posted, please walk
away from the keyboard, take a break, deep breathes, and after your calm come back and say why you have a problem with
the post or posts, please don't make it personal even if you percieve that the poster is trying to do that.
I like or love most here, it makes me sad to see so many of my friends down each others throats, Please if we have a troll,
yes report him, same with a preditor, but for the regular members, please state your comments without getting to the personal
stage. Guess that's all I have to say on the topic, your friend, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

This is why Jim is so important to our community and is a well respected member.

Thank you Jim.

Bighug

I liked what I read here. Smile

I'm not saying anybody on here was a culprit or "bad", but it only takes ONE nasty comment from someone, to start a riot.

I've seen drama on here that some anonymous people have set forth in motion, and some others took it upon themselves to retaliate in triple.........and its just a domino effect from then on.

There is always going to be drama, and there is always going to be somebody who cannot abide people being civil to each other and have to "start" something. That does not mean WE have to go down to their level of stupidity to escalate such crap.

*I* personally have said some things in the past that have "come off" the wrong way to someone else. They PM me and ask me why I would say such a thing, and I explained that I was not being mean, it is just the way we say things in the area I live, or I was meaning something else, or it was not about them at all.

James reminds us this IS a world wide forum. We do not all think the same way, or say the same things, much less have the same vocabulary for how we feel and think. You have to keep your mind open at all times when reading posts on here, for what you have read, may not be the way the poster was meaning it.

Don't start personal attacks because "they started it". Ok, "they started it".......you can END it by not playing into their trap.

There have been plenty of psycho's coming in here since I have been on here, and they have all been diffused and deleted or chased off. So why is it so hard to control yourself with your online chat mates? Just because we are all friendly on here, does not mean we dont have feelings. And if you are posting a rant or something that "targets" specific people or types of people, make sure you explain yourself, and that you are NOT targeting anyone.

NONE OF US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING!!!!!! So don't make threads or posts that are not fully comprehensible to all.

Write it, read it, critique it, fix it, then post it. If you need to pass it by someone else before you post, then do so.

Just blindly writing something and posting it, is the major cause of "blow ups" and drama in online forums.

I think I see something between your lines, James. What is this crap?

Oh wait. That was a speck of dust on my screen. It's gone now.

Alot of us are gay. We feed on drama. If nobody brings us drama we will have to create our own. It's the unfortunate nature of gays and the only reason natural selection has decided that only 10% of the population can be gay; otherwise the drama would take over.

Joking aside, somebody had to put those thoughts into writing and you did a good job of it Jim. Thank you.

Did you intentionally
write the text with weird spacing kind
of like this?
Or is that just my browser being different from yours?

I think when people are asking advice you try to give them the best advice possible but I agree that this should not involve personal attacks. There is no need for that at all.

In my case if I think the person is wrong I will say that.
If they need empathy I will try and give them that too.
If I think they are being silly I will say it.
If they are purely just looking for advice I will suggest things.

People may not agree or like what I write all of the time but it is always meant with the best of intentions. I can't tell them what they want to hear and have no problem disagreeing with the whole world if I think the advice is wrong as then I would not be true to myself.
I try to point people in the right direction and sometimes that direction can involve stuff the person might find upsetting or hard to take. I just hope they can reflect on it later?
People have to realize that life can be tough sometimes. It is not all lollipops and puppy farts!

I like your post James. I am certain you mean well. You had earlier referenced that you had spoken with Andy by PM. Any news as we all wait patiently?

Edit: I saw the resolution from Andy James. Thank you for your kindness.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Refreshing post to read.

Thanks.

And post like this is why I stay here. James you are one of the many people I have a lot of respect for here. Thank you for this post !!! Paul